• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design SdKfz 251 will not spawn

Catalavos

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Hey,
I was about to send out the mssg. below because I have been pulling my hair out all day trying to correct the issue noted in the thread title. I figured it out and again it was something very simple; The Z value under "movement" in the actor properties was set to -5. Changed it to "0" and suddenly the SdKfz 251 magically appeared. So if you end up with a similar problem, that's how to fix it.

Included it anyway as a "learning experience"

Hi all,
Ok, this worked just fine the other day but now I cannot get the 251 to spawn. The UC works fine. I have tried pretty much everything at this point from closing the editor and restarting it to re-verifying the tool cache for both the SDK and the game. Also deleted the shader caches.

Method 1:
Get ROVehicleFactory_Halftrack_winter actor from Actor Classes
Add it to the map (rt-click>Add halftrack actor here)
Add it to the appropriate
Playerstartgroup volume
re-build pylon that the Playerstartgroup is located in
re-build geometry
Open PIE to see if it works
Fail.

Method 2:
Copy and paste halftrack in from another map (Barashka)
Follow above steps
Fail.

Look under the Navigation Point >ROVehicleFactory>ROTransportVehicleFactory>what ever vehicle you want

And to fix the GUid thing just rebuild the pylon that the half track is in. You can select the pylon then right click the build paths tool to build just that one pylon. Also make sure you add the vehicle factory actor to a ROPlayerStartGroup.

Upvote 0
Look under the Navigation Point >ROVehicleFactory>ROTransportVehicleFactory>what ever vehicle you want

And to fix the GUid thing just rebuild the pylon that the half track is in. You can select the pylon then right click the build paths tool to build just that one pylon. Also make sure you add the vehicle factory actor to a ROPlayerStartGroup.

...that's it. Thank you!

Upvote 0