• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Edit Map Info

Rush

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
United States
I've being trying to familiarize myself with RO2's editor by following danh's tutorial. The tutorial is great, but I can't figure out how to edit the MapInfo.

At the end of his tutorial, it simply says "If you set up the MapInfo correctly, you can right click on your terrain and select play from here!" MapInfo is a link to the Tripwire wiki, which contains a page on MapInfo but I can't access it after creating it.

It shows you how to create it (the blue arrow -> ROMapInfo), then the next frame is editing the settings, but I don't know where to find the MapInfo window. Hovering over the MyMapInfo section in the World Info says access through GetMapInfo()/SetMapInfo() but I honestly have know idea what that means.

I tried this before and was stumped by the same issue, but I'm not just going to let it stump me this time. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Well it worked when I opened up a blank map and tried it again, but when I went back to the one I worked on it wouldn't work. So I guess I'll do the Map Info first from now on. I'm not gonna worry about copying the content over, it was just a test map so its no big deal. Just spawns and an objective. Thanks guys.

exacttly, that was that what, i would compare to you. i had the same problem too and creating a new map, with setting up Map Info in the beginning. Then you have no problems.

Upvote 0