• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release Declutter My HUD

-=THOR=-

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2011

This RO2/RS mutator allows players to restrict and configure the display of informations on the HUD. It has no server setting, but needs to be installed on servers to allow players to use it. When players subscribe through the workshop, they get access to a friendly user interface. Otherwise, they will need to setup their config file, once they download it from a server that has it installed.

03D6C46D6595E3DBC06A884564B1E30886C22898

C82DF982008C0073D1E69205780B3F82D6452A76

Tactical Overlay
  • Tactical Overlay Key: This setting must match your in-game tactical overlay button.
  • Restrict Tactical Overlay: When checked, the tactical overlay will only be displayed when requested by the player (ex: it won't appear anymore after capping a territory).
  • Minimum Tactical Overlay Display Time: This setting, modifies the delay during which the tactical overlay remains displayed when the key is pressed and released. This setting is not stored in the mutator settings, since it is a normal setting, but this interface allows you to change the value more easily. The range of allowed values goes from 0 to 10.

Kill Widget
  • Semitransparent Own Messages: When checked, the kill messages where you are involved will be semi-transparent.
  • Others Visibility: This setting allows you to change the display of the messages that don't involve your kill/death. The different values are hidden, semitransparent and normal.

Communications
  • VOIP Talkers Visibility: When someone talks on VOIP, an icon appears on the left. With this setting, you can make that icon insibile, semi-transparent, or normal.
  • Chat Delay: Allows to configure the duration of the chat messages, from 3 to 10 seconds.
  • Chat Opacity: Allows to change the opacity of the chat messages, from 50% to 100%.

Miscellaneous
  • Announcements Y Scale: The empty space between the top of the screen and the announcements is scaled by that factor.
  • Restrict Friendly Player Names: When the tactical overlay is not displayed, this settings allows to reduce the playername visibility settings (none, near or all). When on a server with lower visibility setting, the server setting will rule to ensure fairness between players.
  • Hide Function Indicator: When checked, the widget related to the function key (cover, mantle, etc) won't be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
  • Hide Crosshair: When checked, removes the crosshair.

Give a positive evaluation if you like it, thanks!

Try it out and configure it through the workshop!

Note: It is strongly recommended to use the workshop to configure the mutator settings. If downloaded from a server, the mutator will have no effect until configured properly, which can be done in the configuration file, but I suggest that you use the Workshop interface.

These servers run the mutator:

- Australia -

- Germany -

- Russia -

- United Kingdom -

- USA -

Server Admins, post in this thread to get your server added to/removed from the list above!

Server Instructions
  • Download the archive attached to this post.
  • Put the ini files in your server config folder.
  • Put DeclutterMyHud.u in your server CookedPCServer folder and in your redirect.
  • In your server startup line, add ?mutator=DeclutterMyHud.DeclutterMyHud
  • Editing the config file is useless (client-side mutator, server has no control on it).

Client Side - Config File
As stated above, I strongly suggest that you use the workshop interface to configure the mutator. However, if you want to edit the configuration file manually, here's the different values allowed:
  • HasBeenConfigured: If this setting is absent, or present with a value of 'false' the configuration will be reset during the next execution. Leave this to 'true'.
  • ToggleKey: String that represents your tactical overlay key (e.g.: T)
  • RestrictTacticalOverlay: true or false
  • AnnouncementsScale: any value between 0.1 and 1.0
  • FriendlyPlayerNames: 0 means 'none', 1 means 'near' and 2 means 'all'
  • HideFunctionIndicator: true or false
  • HideCrosshair: true or flase
  • VOIPTalkersVisibility: 0 means 'invisible', 1 means 'semitransparent' and 2 means 'normal'
  • KillWidgetReduceOwnVisibility: true or false
  • KillWidgetOthersVisibility: 0 means 'invisible', 1 means 'semitransparent' and 2 means 'normal'
  • ChatDelay: any value between 3.0 and 10.0
  • ChatOpacity: any value between 0.5 and 1.0

Future Ideas
  • Add an unranked mode that forces a server-provided default configuration. That configuration would have to NOT be saved on the client, to prevent it from being carried to another server.
  • Hide the stamina bar.
  • Hide the compass.
  • Scale the announcements font, not only move them higher.
  • Hide the 'weapon position' icon (deployed).
  • Hidden/Semiransparent capping icons above the compass.
  • Hidden/Semitransparent TE capping widget at the bottom of the screen.
  • Add a mutate command that allows to switch to a default configuration.
  • Remove the message displayed when slow dying.

Attachments

• DeclutterMyHud_1_2.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is it possible to move some things to the tactical overlay? Think of the freindly player names, so you dont see any at all, but when you Press T you see them.

When the toggle key is the same as the tactical overlay, that's what will happen, assuming that the server allows a higher visibility for the friendly names than the user has defined in the mutator settings. This is mainly why i am suggesting to use that key as the toggle.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to get this to work without the server needing it?

When you play on a server, the server needs to run the mutator otherwise nothing happens on clients. When playing in standalone through the workshop, your computer is a kind of server, so that's why you can run it.

Can this disable the kill ticker at all?

What do you mean? The kill notifications at the top-right corner?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Will the mutator override the player name settings of the server?

For example: If the server has Friendly Player Names set to "none", will the player see names when he presses "T".

Or if it is set to "near" will the player see player names all the way across the map?

Edit* I see you addressed that somewhat in a previous post, but could you please expound upon your explanation? Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are 3 friendly player name settings:
0: No names are displayed.
1: Names are displayed for friendlies that are nearby.
2: Names of visible friendlies are always displayed.

When the player presses his T key, the server setting is applied (since the mutator is kinda disabled to show the maximum of information allowed by the server). When the player releases his T key, the lowest value between his own setting and the server setting is applied. So if server has 0 and client has 2 (or vice versa), lowest is 0, thus the client setting is forced to 0.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome

Awesome

Thanks Thor.

This is bloody AWESOME and should be implemented directly into the game ASAP.

If we leave this as a server option only, nothing will change for the majority.
Because nearly all the "standard" servers like "Gaming deluxe UK #1-5" Etc Etc.
Are unattended with default server settings like "Killed from location" + All names and whatnot.
And they even call it REALISM Mode :eek:

BTW.

If we had the option to turn ON only the names of our squad members , it could potentially be a game changer.

Think about it :cool:

Upvote 0
The more customization the better. Nothing better than 100 different options to choose from. Personally I would keep the player kill messages and chat text, just get rid of the tac info that pops up automatically and also the mantel indicator.

Really looking forward to this one ! Pure genius !

They will put you on the TWI payroll soon.

Oh will this work on the RS beta ?

Upvote 0
will this work on the RS beta ?

I bet it would work but we'll have to try it out once TWI white-list the mut. Haven't heard from them yet.

I have a feeling this mut can also make them not display. I dont think it can change the characteristics of how they are set on the server side but I think it can make then either show or now show.

Exactly. Friendly player names is also a server setting, but the mutator allows to lower the visibility furthemore (but less aggressively than the console command to hide the hud does). I added the idea to the list of future things to do.

There are 4 server settings:
0: None
1: Own Death
2: Own (Death + Kills I guess)
3: All

I could just add those 4 settings as additional restrictions, a bit like how I did with the friedly player names. There is one thing though, admins may want players to notice their TK, so I might put "Own" as the lowest setting.

In other words, when the server is deactivated, the server value would be used. When the mutator is activated, it could do that logic:
If server setting is "None": Set to None
Else: Assign the lowest value between the mutator setting and the server setting.

I will also look at how complicated it would be to reduce the scaling of the widget. Maybe kills/deaths not related to "own" could be scaled down. But that may end up being quite complicated. I might have to create a new widget from scratch, and assign it form the TWI one, that would be hidden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0