Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WIP Forum Upgrade

Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Antilag: a network hit detection mutator (white-listed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running a 24xSlot Server in Australia and would love to see this mutator incorporated also. It would be a pleasure to see skill rather that an algorithm judge where my projectiles go.

The other features in the Advanced Ballistics are also to be applauded.

Please Tripwire, could you give some serious though to this as I know that this would bring back some of the absent community.

Comment

Are there still bugs with this mutator and what are they. Like are they little ones that impact less than 10% of players or is it worse.

i just put it back on my Aussie / NZ server and so far so good.

But would like some more insight.

Not using advanced ballistics at the moment, but can I. Pros and cons please.

Comment

There hasn't been a patch since Feb 7th, so all the old issues still exist. Some players will have crash problems unless they turn down their detail settings and all of the newer custom maps will break quite badly, with most weapons disappearing completely.

As for the advanced ballistics setting, it does what's described in the initial post:Antilag advanced ballistics mode test - YouTube The numbers have been tweaked since that video was recorded, but it'll give you an idea of what's happening behind the scenes. It will rarely impact gameplay, I just threw it in for some extra verisimilitude, because a bonus side effect of my reworking of shot communication was that these mechanics were trivial to implement. There's been a handful of people saying that they think it increases the rate of crashing, but I suspect that's just the randomness of the "normal" crash problem at play. It should be safe to use, but at the same time, there's no real loss in turning it off. The occasional ricochet or skip kill is kinda neat, but rare and usually unintentional.

Comment

Ok i will keep it on. Any cases of players spawning without weapons on stock maps? I had that inquiry shortly after adding the anit lag mutator.

So def a no go with the customs ?

Comment

Butovo works for sure. I think Ogledow and maybe Arad2 do as well, but I've not tested them myself. The rest do not.

If you're spawning without weapons in stock maps, it's probably because you've cache extracted or manually installed the mutator in the client's directory. Mutator client assets only load properly from the cache, for now. To be honest, given all the problems RO2 has with package handling, I'm kinda surprised that it works at all.

There's also a stock game bug that frequently breaks squad leader inventory (badly) but Antilag isn't responsible for that, the Feb 7th patch is. They just happened to come out around the same time.

Comment

I think it is still a bit suspect. Have had it one the Aussie NZ server these last two days and i have noticed dodgy weapon load outs and not when the squad leader 'dude where's my smoke' problem.

I was getting the one where on occasions if you select a nade and throw it you lose your main weapon. I am sure you know the one I speak of.

I checked my folders to see if I had an anitlag elsewhere outside of the cache area and this was not the case.

Sorry guys, I can't run this mutator on my server until I am confident its not causing problems.

Hopefully the next patch will fix up some of this issues whenever the darn thing is released. just between you and me, I would have thought it out by now !

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_in_da_Hat View Post
                i have noticed dodgy weapon load outs and not when the squad leader 'dude where's my smoke' problem.

I was getting the one where on occasions if you select a nade and throw it you lose your main weapon. I am sure you know the one I speak of.
                Yes, that is the SL inventory bug. The inventory chain fails to replicate anything except the hand grenades to the client, so an attempt to change to anything else fails, and if you do go to hand grenades, you'll never be able to switch off of them. "Missing smoke grenades" is only one symptom.

Comment

Ok so are you sayign this bug exists even without the antilag mutator. I have only experienced the name one when antilag was on. I do however experience the smoke issue regardless of antilag.

Last edited by Cat_in_da_Hat; 04-14-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_in_da_Hat View Post
                    Ok so are you sayign this bug exists even without the antilag mutator.
                    That's correct. They're two different problems. That bug exists in the base game. The source of the confusion is that the mutator can produce a seemingly similar error with improper installation or the newer custom maps. The major external difference is that the stock bug only happens some of the time to SLs, while the mutator error, if it's present, happens all the time to all classes.

Comment

Any update on the bug fix to RO2 that will allow this modifier to work for everyone?

My favrotie server currently isn't using it as they are waiting for a fix. I can't wait for this fix. IMHO, this is more important than work being done on "Classic Mode", other big fixes, game play tweaks and Rising Storm COMBINED

Comment

Dear comrade Mekhazzio!

Recently we at the redorchestra.ru servers noticed some problems penetrating tank armor with antilag mutator on. After some testing we found out, that AOI (impact angle) is never smaller then 31 grad. Log (shooting at near perpendicular angle (90 grad)):
                        Code:
                        Line 3558: [19387.64] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5612 Radians, 32.1549 Degrees
                             Line 3579: [19389.21] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5603 Radians, 32.1036 Degrees
                             Line 3618: [19443.98] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 1.5200 Radians, 87.0896 Degrees
                             Line 3637: [19444.91] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 1.5200 Radians, 87.0891 Degrees
                             Line 3656: [19445.70] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5622 Radians, 32.2128 Degrees
                             Line 3704: [19516.80] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5464 Radians, 31.3065 Degrees
                             Line 3723: [19517.64] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5464 Radians, 31.3061 Degrees
                             Line 3748: [19527.05] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5462 Radians, 31.2973 Degrees
                             Line 3767: [19528.17] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5449 Radians, 31.2211 Degrees
                             Line 3786: [19529.40] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5435 Radians, 31.1378 Degrees
                             Line 3809: [19530.58] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5460 Radians, 31.2831 Degrees
                             Line 3828: [19531.56] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5465 Radians, 31.3122 Degrees
                             Line 3847: [19538.71] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5485 Radians, 31.4286 Degrees
                             Line 3866: [19539.99] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5491 Radians, 31.4592 Degrees
                             Line 3886: [19541.26] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5494 Radians, 31.4773 Degrees
                             Line 3905: [19543.81] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5487 Radians, 31.4394 Degrees
                             Line 3924: [19545.47] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 1.5126 Radians, 86.6641 Degrees
                             Line 3942: [19545.48] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5467 Radians, 31.3241 Degrees
                             Line 3964: [19558.81] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5486 Radians, 31.4298 Degrees
                             Line 3983: [19559.99] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5468 Radians, 31.3276 Degrees
                             Line 4006: [19561.21] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5458 Radians, 31.2718 Degrees
                             Line 4025: [19562.29] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5459 Radians, 31.2777 Degrees
                             Line 4044: [19563.27] ScriptLog: PenetrationCode : AOI = 0.5462 Radians, 31.2962 Degrees
                        Tank tweak on the server was on. We made a big testing with and without antilag mutator, and found out, that with it on we are nearly unable to shoot down any tank with AT rifles, except using the known bug with "open" joints of plates and with the top down front armor plate of Pz4.

We will be very grateful for a fix or any clarification on this issue. If any further information or testing is necessary, you can easily contact me on this forum, or directly at redorchestra.ru forums. Sent this message thru PM, and only later found this working mod thread (the old one is somehow bugged i guess). Guess, this message was also've been checked by mods for 3 days, sorry for this.
                        Last edited by Tyomanator; 05-06-2012, 04:13 AM.
                        Redorchestra.ru ROHOS servers admin

Comment

Working...
                        X