• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release TankTweak mutator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
Final release of the White-Listed TankTweak is now available (Jan 27, 2012) R.I.P.

Deprecated as of May 24, 2012 (has been integrated in the RO2 code-base)

I created a TankTweak mutator which is partly based on my other mutator (HullMGMutator). This TankTweak mutator allows you to change several settings which are used for the AIs in your tank. As defaults the mutator will used the settings as TWI put them in there stock code.

The best part is that the mutator is white-listed by TWI and servers will not become unranked if they run this mutator.

The following settings can be changed:

• DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage:
    This one is the miss percentage for both the HullMG and the main gun (will split it up in the next beta).
    Values:
    • Recruit: Default: 35%; Minimum: 20%; Maximum: 100%
    • Soldier: Default: 30%; Minimum: 20%; Maximum: 100%
    • Veteran: Default: 25%; Minimum: 20%; Maximum: 100%
    • Hero: Default: 20%; Minimum: 20%; Maximum: 100%
  • DifficultyMainGunVarianceFactor:
    No clue what it does, but I think it's some kind of penalty on the main gun.
    Values:
    • Recruit: Default: 1%; Minimum: 0.25%; Maximum: 3%
    • Soldier: Default: 1%; Minimum: 0.25%; Maximum: 3%
    • Veteran: Default: 0.66%; Minimum: 0.25%; Maximum: 3%
    • Hero: Default: 0.25%; Minimum: 0.25%; Maximum: 3%
  • TargetSpeedMissPercentage:
    This is a penalty that will be added to the DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage depending on the movement of the target (standing still, walking or running). It's both used for the hull MG as also for the main gun (will split it up in the next beta).
    Values:
    • Standing still: 0%; Minimum: 0%; Maximum: 100%
    • Walking: 0%; Minimum: 0%; Maximum: 100%
    • Running: 20%; Minimum: 0%; Maximum: 100%
  • RangeSettings:
    This setting is used for the RangeMissPercentage (see next bullet). You can define the meters for the 3 range groups (short, medium, long)
    Values (in meters):
    • Short: Default: 50m; Minimum: 10m; Maximum: 300m
    • Medium: Default: 100m; Minimum: <Short>+1m; Maximum: 300m
    • Long: Default: 150m; Minimum: <Medium>+1m; Maximum: 300m
  • RangeMissPercentage:
    This is a penalty which will be added to the DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage depending on the distance between tank and target. The distances are defined with RangeSettings.
    Values:
    • Short: Default: 10%; Minimum: 5%; Maximum: 100%
    • Medium: Default: 30%; Minimum: 5%; Maximum: 100%
    • Long: Default: 60%; Minimum: 5%; Maximum: 100%
The next 2 setting do not exist in TWIs stock code, but I added them because of the feedback from the community:

• AllowAIToControlHullMG:
    This settings allows you to prevent that an AI will use the hull MG.
    Values: Default: true; Minimum: false; Maximum: true
  • AllowAIToControlMainGun:
    This settings allows you to prevent that an AI will use the main gun. The turret will also not turn anymore (a human players can still turn it).
    Values: Default: true; Minimum: false; Maximum: true

Where to download the mutator (for server admins):

The mutator can be downloaded from this location: Download link has been removed.

How to install the mutator (for server admins):

1. Download the mutator here: Download link has been removed
  2. Extract both the defaulttanktweak.ini file and the TankTweak.u file from the zip file
  3. Place the defaulttanktweak.ini file in the rogame\config folder on your server
  4. Place the TankTweak.u file in the rogame\cookedpcserver folder of your server
  5. Restart your server (you need to do this or else the server will not find the mutator)

How to activate the mutator (for server admin):

1. Open your servers web-admin tool
  2. Go to the Change Map page
  3. Select your game type and map
  4. At the Additional URL variables field you add ?mutator=TankTweak.TankTweak
  5. Now load the map

How to configure the settings (for server admins):

1. Go to the rogame\config folder on your server
  2. Open the ROTankTweak.ini file with a text editor
  3. Make your changes and save the file
  4. Restart your RO2 server
If you did it correctly, then TankTweak.TankTweak should be visible on the Current Game page of the web-admin tool. Even so should the Realism Mode have changed into Custom.

Special note to server admins:

The mutator will not interfere with infantry only maps. On those maps it will just sit idle. This means that you do not need to disable it for infantry only maps.

Source code:
The source code of this mutator can be downloaded from:
svn://212.83.88.75/TankTweak/trunk/
An SVN client is required to download the sources (for example TortoiseSVN).
The files are password protected. If you want access to the sources, then please PM me and you will receive a reply with sign-in details.

Last edited:
Ducky, this is awesome work again mate :D I have one question - you say the AI can still turn the main gun, but cannot fire it? Is it possible to stop them turning it too? I hate that effect you get where the turret continues to pull away when you drop back in from the hatch. The AI seem to have control over the traverse for far too long, after you're seated and the main gun view is engaged. I constantly try to get the turret back where I want it, and don't seem to have any control for a second or two.

Upvote 0
Ducky, this is awesome work again mate :D I have one question - you say the AI can still turn the main gun, but cannot fire it? Is it possible to stop them turning it too? I hate that effect you get where the turret continues to pull away when you drop back in from the hatch. The AI seem to have control over the traverse for far too long, after you're seated and the main gun view is engaged. I constantly try to get the turret back where I want it, and don't seem to have any control for a second or two.

I will look into that. I did actually try to stop it from turning, but it didn't work. Maybe I should just let the bot think that there is no target in range.

Upvote 0
I will look into that. I did actually try to stop it from turning, but it didn't work. Maybe I should just let the bot think that there is no target in range.

I just released the 2nd beta. The turret will not turn anymore. Hiding the targets didn't work. What I did was marking the turret as broken if a bot is controlling it. If it's a human player, then it won't be broken if there really is no damage. If it is damaged, then it stays broken.

Upvote 0
Ducky have you received any feedback from TWI about the process to get the mutator whitelisted.

I'm keen to include this on the Aussie NZ server but the ranking is an issue. I reckon lots of other admins would be in a similar position.

Not yet, but I think that they are still on that cruise, because no posts from them so far in this past week. Also the forum moderators seem to be very quiet.

Oh...well... Let's just wait and see 'till they are back in the office.

Upvote 0
Cool mutator comrade, now I and my dedicated player tank-crew can dominate the solo-tankers even more. Any good EU realism servers that have this mutator yet?

My server is running this mutator. Feel free to try it out.

These are the server details:
  • IP: 108.61.253.234
  • Mode: Realism
  • Map: Ogledow_B9
  • Nr. of bots: 5vs5 (well I needed them to test my mutator ;))
Please note that the server has no redirect. You will need to put the map on your rig before you can play on that server. The download of that map can be found here: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1010961&postcount=552[/URL]

And a map installer here: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=73515&highlight=DropZone[/URL]

Reactions: TravisT
Upvote 0
Don't worry Ducky, that should be fine mate :) Also, we'll try to keep this thread up on the front page - it definitely will get noticed :)

Already got a reply from Strago. They will evaluate my mutator to see if it can be white-listed.
I guess they will have some rules in which it should fit. Will keep you informed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.