• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GFX Tweak Mod - 4GB Video Ram Preferred

Will you be releasing this mod also for Heroes of the West? :)

Is there a new patch out now? I haven't played the game much since last update. I do have some more tweak mods ideas in mind. Also making the texture streaming pool very large of 1536MB for cache in gpu ram. I'm running a GTX 580 at 938mhz for 45,000,000 billion pixel's per second, 60,000,000 Texel's per second, and 200GB/s GDDR5.

How do you like the mod so far? If I own the game am I able to try Heroes of the West... if so how?

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there a new patch out now? I haven't played the game much since last update. I do have some more tweak mods ideas in mind. Also making the texture streaming pool very large of 1536MB for cache in gpu ram. I'm running a GTX 580 at 938mhz for 45,000,000 billion pixel's per second, 60,000,000 Texel's per second, and 200GB/s GDDR5.

How do you like the mod so far? If I own the game am I able to try Heroes of the West... if so how?

Thanks

Sure you can try HoW, simply subscribe to it in the Steam Workshop. If this does not work, visit the thread here in the modding section and download it directly. :)

The graphic tweak was already great on my old machine, as I get a new one after exams in late June I will definitely use it again.
There is currently a debate about FaceFX so characters move their faces correctly and feel alive. Having your mod with this will make it look very amazing. I'm asking as we are providing new uniforms 1st and 3rd person for which you might be interested in creating higher detail.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't recommend doing this for HOTW now. Unless you ant to keep updating all the time. As there'll be a bunch of new textures added in and everything.

And by the way you say a 4GB card is reccomended. Do you realise this game can't actually use a whole 4GB card. It likely can only use a maximum of 2GB video memory.

The game is 32 bit meaning it can use a maximum of 4GB of memory. This is shared both between RAM and video memory. Usually a 2GB/2GB split between the two. Though some games actually do it dynamically to an extent. Either way a 4GB card is not necessary.

A 4GB card may seem better than a 2GB card simply becuase it's better in other areas. But it's not becuase of the total memory it has.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have gained a bit of knowledge on how to take the details to next level on unreal engine 3. Yeah as far as video ram something like 3gb is good, I see 2900MB usage video however the game prefers a bunch of Raster Operator Pipelines running on AMD 390X for instance @ 3200x1800 super smooth on mega decked out details. Anyway idk if I should dial er' in again with a new update? LMK :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know this is technically necroing, but is this mod relevant for the latest version of the game? You can compare this ini with the latest using notepad++ and edit in the relevant values.
Also I've found the following links for boosting texture detail: Get the details level back, Any way to completely disable texture streaming?, any high GFX configs? (Tripwire forums) and anyone got a high GFX config? (Steam forum, archived)
There are also these engine tweak guides I'm curious about: A small tweaking guide and ROEngine.ini Tweak Guide - confirmed improvement

Upvote 0