• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GFX Tweak Mod - 4GB Video Ram Preferred

Anyone tried it?

1.2.0 looks good but shadows dont appear on objectives sometimes until your 3 feet from it.... need to fix that.

I'm certain it has to do with Shadow_Fade_Component which is a value less than 1.0.

With this information, we can understand and work with the value.

Principal component analysis (PCA) is a mathematical procedure that uses orthogonal transformation to convert a set of observations of possibly correlated variables into a set of values of linearly uncorrelated variables called principal components. The number of principal components is less than or equal to the number of original variables. This transformation is defined in such a way that the first principal component has the largest possible variance (that is, accounts for as much of the variability in the data as possible), and each succeeding component in turn has the highest variance possible under the constraint that it be orthogonal to (i.e., uncorrelated with) the preceding components. Principal components are guaranteed to be independent if the data set is jointly normally distributed. PCA is sensitive to the relative scaling of the original variables.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This mod still being worked on? And btw, in the title thread, it states "4GB Video Ram Preferred ". So you mean a videocard with 4 Gig? Not everybody has those cards yet. Ill stick to the original config seeing the game never was really optimized in my eyes, especially in RS maps with allot of jungle and foliage. So playing this in ultra is a no go for allot of people.

Upvote 0
You must read the readme to get it to work correctly.

If for some reason it didn't work just use the backup .ini to get it up and running again. If it doesn't run with the backup you must have accidently deleted an important file in the game folder.

If you still continue to have problems report back to the readme and v1.2.0 looks reaaaalllllyyyyy Niiiice :D

Upvote 0
You must read the readme to get it to work correctly.

If for some reason it didn't work just use the backup .ini to get it up and running again. If it doesn't run with the backup you must have accidently deleted an important file in the game folder.

If you still continue to have problems report back to the readme and v1.2.0 looks reaaaalllllyyyyy Niiiice :D

I don't get the first point of the readme, do I just have to put that file in C:/ or somewhere else?

Upvote 0
I just started playing again and man it really looks awesome.

I mean this mod makes everything looks better, like it's almost like AA is on when it's off and my fps is really good.

Are you guy's having issues?

Sure I can help correct the audio back to default.

This is how it is which I thought sounded fine lol

Shadows... ? it has to do with bias up close they are nice and soft like in real life but at distance jaggy, because ur system would lag if all shadows had filters applied. Or you would need 4GB video ram.... this config works with 64MB cards... lol

[Engine.AudioDevice]
MusicVolume=0.250000 Default = (1.000000)
SoundFXVolume=2.000000 Default = (1.000000)
VoiceChatTransmitVolume=1.000000
VoiceChatReceiveVolume=2.000000
SoundQuality=0 Default = (idk test 1,2,3 see what happens?)
MaxChannels=128

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It just crashes whenever I try to start the game. However, I have traced the crash back to this line in the config:
BrewedPCPaths=..\..\ROGame\BrewedPC
This line is missing from your config and it exists in the original. If I add it into your file, no crash. Similarly if I remove it from the original file, it crashes.

Upvote 0
Did you guy's correct the new game version compatibility issues with the .ini?

If not it appears with the updates to the engine possibly or other modifications with game updates rendered the .ini none functional.

So basically this means a new .ini file from scratch unless you guy's figured it out?

As with these .ini's they must start from an alpha stage say 10 alpha stages, then 10 beta stages, then finally a final complete one with minimal to no glitches.

Let me know.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Tried to install but game is broken now

Tried to install but game is broken now

Followed the readme and I started the game through steam and it would start up just crashed with an error message saying ro2game.exe has stopped working. Tried reinstall but didnt work so I verified the cache but still nothing I tried downloading the files again after deleting them then downloading them and trying again with this time being a little more thorough however to no avail could I get it to work. Please reply I am stumped on what to do and ro2 is one of my favourite games :(

Upvote 0
It appears the developers since a new revision of the game rendered this config useless.

Even know the "new" game seems flawed as heck in terms of performance shadows popping up like mad on objects pretty close to the player. That really annoys me and I'd like to fix all unreal engine 3 games to fix this, especially Primal Carnage Extinction.

Anyway, I suppose the real solution is to remove all the old configs and start 100% fresh again on a fresh new one whenever there is a new release out.

Unless someone knows or if that solution above fixes my configs to let it work again?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Those of you who still wanna try this out I made a new config based on the latest game version v2.0.0.19.

It's based on Ultra 1.2.0 and I tried to make it look even better so it's still experimental.

Still working on typical Unreal Engine annoyances graphical anomaly's.

Which I will try and iron out over the coming weeks/ days/ months.

****LINK POSTED IN OP**** ie "1st post"

Good Luck!

Upvote 0