• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Hrrm. That's frustrating.

Best I can do now is say I'll look into it tomorrow night :(

Ah, it seems to work, but only on grain elevator...and only on firefight. Though I must say, it sounds incredibly good, and the helmets and blood etc. are awesome.

One thing for consideration though...the PPSH and MG38 seem to sound remarkably similar...I can barely tell the difference unless I'm using the weapon myself..

Upvote 0
We had 8 players testing online on Cat's server yesterdoo. No crashes across the board, played on Territory: Peleliu, Spartanovka, Pavlovs House

I called down a rocket attack, but it seems the actual "WOOSH" of the rockets before they land is still not working in multiplayer? Nonetheless that distant whine of the incoming strike is terrifying.

Upvote 0
We had 8 players testing online on Cat's server yesterdoo. No crashes across the board, played on Territory: Peleliu, Spartanovka, Pavlovs House

I called down a rocket attack, but it seems the actual "WOOSH" of the rockets before they land is still not working in multiplayer? Nonetheless that distant whine of the incoming strike is terrifying.

How odd. It's in the same sound cue iirc. Glad to hear everything else worked well though.

Upvote 0
All right, bumping this because I've had another breakthrough and could use some community input.

Note that there won't be another update for a while (week or two) back to my work schedule and I've a million things to do now :( These are just things I know I can make work now.

Here we go:

Simulated shrapnel-
My system works! I need some reasonable numbers for damage, range, and number of fragments. Testing with mortar shells: 75 damage, max range of 20m, 300 fragments. Pretty deadly, but I put the center of the burst above ground and didn't allow negative Z values for the trace vectors. This means if you hit the dirt your chances of survival go way up.

Fragments kick up dirt, and function like bullets in that they will produce their own whip sound (10% chance to do this, because there are hundreds!)

TheSynchronizer is working on some shrapnel wound decals :)

Even with 300 fragments the performance hit seems low. We'll see though.

Death Animations:

So I found a lot more of these that aren't used. There are 5-6 heart, neck, and nut shot anims for example. Now I looked in the animtree for pawns, and while most are listed in the DeathType node's children they don't play. This might be an issue with the native code of ROAnimBlendByDeath (I think that's its name) or the RO death anim sequence.

For whatever reason only the Death_pose child will randomly select an animation from its list. The others only play one, and it doesn't matter if you change the name of the anim to a different one, it's always the same.

With death_pose I can put them all in though, and death_pose is the default. So I can make it so people writhe around every time they're shot. There's an unused 17 sec 'Stomach_Shot' anim I used here as well. A 'happy' side effect of this is that this means EXPLOSIONS cause death animations now, so you have guys rolling around with stubby limbs screaming :eek: It's crazy.

The problem is the animation will play even if the guy has no head. Haven't solved that yet.

So what do you guys think?

I realize this has grown way beyond just sound, I think I'll be renaming it to the Immersion Mutator or something :)

Upvote 0