• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Interesting. By your design or TWI's?

I mean in the Realism mod, so yes by me. TWI just has them the same.

I also made them have a slightly slower zoom-in, and they are slightly more accurate than regular bolt-actions due to their selection process.
The semi-auto scopes keep the recoil and aim-time differences, but don't get an accuracy bonus compared to their regular counter-parts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, it has taken one hell of a 48 hour crash course in Maya, but I'm pleased to say that I have successfully rigged up Kaminski's Waffen SS smock and created versions of the SS field gear without epaulets. I'm just waiting on Kaminski to give me a nice normal map for it and for a few texture variations from Moskeeto.

Expect this in soon!

Upvote 0
Hey folks, here is a brief changelog for the update to BetterRealism mod that will be included in a new release of Overhaul Mutator:

-Completely re-worked role selections to offer much greater realism.
This includes disabling the MkB42 and AVT40 (for now, until we see more late-war maps where they may be available in them.)
Additionally, other weapons are now available to certain classes in Classic game mode. An example would be that there are now 2 versions of the Bolt-Action Scoped Rifles available to Marksman (Kar98 4x and 6x, MN9130 3.5x and 4x.)

-Weapons now have proper ammunition reserves and a better weight system. This does not affect *too* many weapons but there were a few in particular that needed to be addressed.

-All weapons now have much more IronSight zoom; this does NOT affect the world. There is still no "world" zoom. The bug regarding accuracy with this zoom has been fixed.

-Sniper Rifles no longer have "world" zoom, which is actually really awesome.

-Certain weapons now have better stats. Example: PPS42 without Stock (Commander weapon) has more kick but is slightly faster to bring up into Ironsights. It also does not have different recoil between Ironsights and Hip.

-All PPSh41 now have a better Semi-Auto animation. Both the Stick mag and Drum versions offer Semi-Auto.

I think you folks will enjoy the update a lot but I do expect some rage over this or that (namely the removal of MkB from Classic and the inclusion of *another* weapon.) If you have questions or concerns regarding Realism please bring them up with me and I just may re-asses the subject.

Here is the full list of classes & their weapons, for those interested.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks!

What is the "better" version of bolts for Elite Rifleman? Greater accuracy?

Just bayonet and visual enhancements. For MN9130 it has bayonet and is "Standard Condition", for Kar98k it has bayonet and the sight hood removed (but is rusted condition.)

If TWI ever makes bayonets actually removable then Elite Rifleman's bolts will just have better condition / sight hood removed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its great to see you've impoved the loadouts PanzerJager! Though I have some suggestions to further improve their realism.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0