• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No-Zoom-Mode (search for modder)

The SMGs in game are already accurate enough, and can be used up to 150m with some effect. It is rare to get those ranges and as such I worry for the viability of bolt actions and semi-autos. Surely, no one believes that what I have suggested would create some unfair advantage. The suggestion would simply make sure that different weapons are at the very least useful in their intended role and are not overshadowed by other weapons.

The point of removing zoom entirely is to create firefights. With zoom distance feels scewed, and the improved eyesight promotes "camping" and sniper tactics (no incentive to suppress). The removal of zoom essentially doubles the distance between people. 150m would actually look like 150m. With zoom it looks closer to 75m. Perhaps you are right, and the weapons need tweaking, but not with zoom.

Upvote 0
The point of removing zoom entirely is to create firefights. With zoom distance feels scewed, and the improved eyesight promotes "camping" and sniper tactics (no incentive to suppress). The removal of zoom essentially doubles the distance between people. 150m would actually look like 150m. With zoom it looks closer to 75m. Perhaps you are right, and the weapons need tweaking, but not with zoom.

Agree, no zoom!

If the weapon are too accurate they need more recoil or sway.

Panzerjager is working at a "Better Realism Weapon" Mod. It

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The weapons already have advantages based on their attributes. Rifles are better for long range, but smgs are better at close range etc. Being a successful player should mean placing yourself to use your weapons advantages, not having an artificial zoom to help you aim.

This.

I think what you are suggesting is more along the lines of nerfing the STG44 and smgs by denying their users the ability to see as well. Which works, sort of. I think no zoom for all and see how the balance works out. If they are overpowered, then I'd rather see the weapons themselves modified like with the Realism Mut that's out.

Upvote 0