• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullet impact particle effects

Fisher

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Crawley, England
Hey guys, I don't suppose anyone could point me towards some tutorials for creating particle effects for this game. I am completely new to modding, but soon I'll have a fair amount of spare time to give it a go.

My aim would be to swap the existing effects to something closer to the impacts in 'Saving Private Ryan', which, while slightly exaggerated, looked awesome i.e. lots of smoke and dust :D

Hey guys, I don't suppose anyone could point me towards some tutorials for creating particle effects for this game. I am completely new to modding, but soon I'll have a fair amount of spare time to give it a go.

My aim would be to swap the existing effects to something closer to the impacts in 'Saving Private Ryan', which, while slightly exaggerated, looked awesome i.e. lots of smoke and dust :D

I don't remember how large Saving Private Ryan made theirs, but here is a video that shows just how much crap an mg42 spits up when it hits the dirt.

Facing the German MG-42 Machine Gun! - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0