• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Waffen ss skins

Great work with these skins! Hope you don't mind that I did this:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Those look great! However, there are a few little issues from an authenticity perspective. First, the 44 dot pattern was never made into a helmet cover. The Waffen SS had oak leaf pattern covers of all sorts but never 44 dot. It is also rare to see insignia like the SS runes tabs on the 44 dot uniform. It was issued as an over uniform, designed to be worn on top of a soldiers wool uniform and, as a result, did not carry over all of the insignia practices of other tunics. The shoulder boards and sleve eagle were both seen in use, however, never at the same time. The earlier uniforms had attachments for the shoulder boards, but did not have the sleeve eagle. The later uniforms were the exact opposite, with a sleeve eagle but no loops for collar tabs.

Upvote 0
Hey Dibler. Here's an upload for the smock variant model, the textures are now changed to smock blurred edge, the shoulder boards and cuff titles removed, new spec and normal map, be nice to see them, in game, you need to change the model loadouts as the shoulder boards are contained on those models and we don't want them showing on the smocks. Also, toned down the helmet cover.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23876113/Waffen+SS+exporter+file.rar

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Dibler. Here's an upload for the smock variant model, the textures are now changed to smock blurred edge, the shoulder boards and cuff titles removed, new spec and normal map, be nice to see them, in game, you need to change the model loadouts as the shoulder boards are contained on those models and we don't want them showing on the smocks. Also, toned down the helmet cover.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23876113/Waffen+SS+exporter+file.rar

Thanks Kaminski!

Upvote 0
In game the camo seemed to... not fit into the game. I don't know what it was, whether it was too bright, or too "clean" or what, but I took a screen shot and edited it to make it look better (to me at least).

Before

After

I have no idea if that is historically accurate or not, but I think it blends into the environment a bit better. Again, I'm not entirely sure why I feel like the camo doesn't "fit in", so this is my best effort at trying to make the camo "fit".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the mod! But on maps like Appartments, Wehrmacht and Waffen SS soldiers are fighting along side each other, IMO it would be nicer not to mix the both of them. I would love to see to fight with just the Wehrmacht on one map and on the another map with the Waffen SS. Same for the winter uniforms. I really like them but IMO it would be nicer to just do the greatcoat(and perhaps some with no greatcoat) and the Hero jacket and not to mix it with the Flecktern although some helmet cover is nice. So you would have one map with the camo and other map not.
Sorry for bad English

Upvote 0