• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Waffen ss skins

I don't know what stage they are at, I know that they were rigged and sent to Blitz Bob for implementation with Thor's code, but what he's managed to do with them from that point on I've no idea, perhaps he's a busy guy or he can't manage to get them in game, I don't know. What I can say, is that once they are in game they willl need some adjustment and some play testing before I'm satisfied that they are looking and working well, only then will they have my permision to be released :)

Upvote 0
Otto, reading your insistent and critical comments lead me to believe that you have absolutely no idea just how much time and effort goes into creating new assets. Keep in mind that the people working on this stuff are doing this in their free time. Time they could be spending actually playing the game.

...And by the way, how are all of the custom skins, maps and free game assets YOU'RE working on coming along and why are they not in-game yet? Oh, that's right; you're not working on any free content. Well, here's what you need to do: first, spend a few weeks doing some in-depth research into the asset you want to create. Gather up a few dozen ( hundred?) pictures and other reference materials. Next, learn how to operate a 3d modeling program such as 3ds Max, Maya or Blender. This should only take a few hundred hours of work (not including the time you spend looking for and watching tutorials). Next, learn Photoshop. You'll need this in order to create perfectly realistic textures for the absolutely perfect models you created. Then you'll want to learn how import your model into the SDK and work with the Unreal engine. This should be just as easy as learning the other two programs and should only take a few hundred more hours. While you're doing all of this you're bound to be very excited about how great your work looks so be sure to start a WIP thread on the forum. You can post pics. of your progress and get some comments from the players. Comments like, "nice try but it looks like crap" or "probably won't be out until Christmas, if at all". At this point you'll probably be about 6 months in so take a break for a week and play the game a little. At the end of the week, check your forum thread and see how many posts you have from people who are wondering if you've given up because they haven't seen any new screenshots in the past 3 days. By this time you should be really excited to get back to work! All of those helpful comments really get the creative juices flowing! Now all you have to do is go back to your 3d program of choice, tweak the model a few hundred more times, remake your textures in Photoshop, import into the SDK and spend the next 2 weeks trying to figure out why your model doesn't work in-game. Post more screenshots, too. In a few more months, your work will be ready to release! Ready to suffer the slings and arrows of the community's comments! Oh, and while you're doing all of this be sure to keep up on school, family, wife, kids, work, sleeping, eating and all of the stuff you normally do each day.

Pretty easy, huh?

Upvote 0
Let's stay clam guys. I'm sure Blitz Bob will get things moving when he has enough time, I know he's busy with plenty other stuff at the moment, what I will say though is that I'm off on holiday, as of next week for two weeks, when I get back, I get the splints off my fingers and I'll be back at modding again.

So, what I'm proposing, if no one beats me to it is to modify the Americans from Rising Storm and make a series of Rangers as per Normandy along with some British paras to compliment the existing waffen SS models. Its not a mod as such, but if anyone would like to help get them in game I'd be grateful for the help, also, any map makers out there, lets hear from you if you think you can make a series Normandy maps.:)

Upvote 0
So, what I'm proposing, if no one beats me to it is to modify the Americans from Rising Storm and make a series of Rangers as per Normandy along with some British paras to compliment the existing waffen SS models. Its not a mod as such, but if anyone would like to help get them in game I'd be grateful for the help, also, any map makers out there, lets hear from you if you think you can make a series Normandy maps.:)

Damn this sounds very very cool, if you did manage to get round to doing this would be amazing. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Let's stay clam guys. I'm sure Blitz Bob will get things moving when he has enough time, I know he's busy with plenty other stuff at the moment, what I will say though is that I'm off on holiday, as of next week for two weeks, when I get back, I get the splints off my fingers and I'll be back at modding again.

I approve of this proposal! These new sets of unis would really make Normandy happen. It sounds like they've made adding custom troop skins to a map much easier with RS (you still have to do all the dev work to get them in-game though :\). I look forward to news on the W-SS skins and future additions.

Cheers and thanks for the hard work,

Fafnir_6

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0