• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Waffen ss skins

It's no problem having either riding breeches or straight trousers and gaiters, maybe we'll have both but with different ranks, as for the server, Blitzkrieg has his own clan server, I'd expect them to be on that one first when he's got everything in game and fully tested, I know Forget me is still working on the model bones, but it shouldn't be too far off now.

16-03-201320-42-09_zpsca7a8566.png

11-03-201321-09-56_zpsac1565b8.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
afaik

In quite a few countries it's still banned. There are exceptions such as educational, artistic or scientific purposes where Nazi imagery is allowed to be used but video games aren't one.

I think the SS Rune isn`t a problem. In germany are only swastikas(hope it`s the right word) forbidden. But there are also exceptions so you can buy movies with swastikas in it but for example in black ops are no swastika banners in the german version.

Upvote 0
Managed a little time to put a bit more detail into the smock version. You know, Hardcore is right, the swatiksa is banned in some European countries, but not the runes. That's why you don't see many video games with swastikas in them, more on that in a moment.

However, runes are part of an ancient Nordic alphabet that first started appearing on metalwork, stone and wood carvings in Northern Europe during the dark ages and beyond, they arn't banned.

We could quite easily blur the small swastika badge at some point, but if I or anyone else runs a server with this mutator on it in the US or UK we're not breaking any law, if people from banned countries don't want to use the server or are offended, they can choose not to use that server.

Also, this whole banning thing is inconsistent to say the least, for example the recent German made movie "Downfall" features swastikas, ss runes, nazi symbols gallor, and its not banned in Germany.

I think these inconsistant laws were a knee jerk re-action to sensitivities after the end of ww2, they are outdated and need to catch up to the new and growing media of video games, if TV and movies arn't banned, then why video games, ask yourself that?

Finally, this is a free mod, not for sale, I don't run a computer game company, I don't have to worry about sales figures in banned countries, so its your choice if you want to use this mutator, be offended or not be offended by it, its just a part of history to me and its up to you as an individual to choose your attitude to any given circumstance, not your country's law. That's my two pennies worth, and subject closed for me.

17-03-201310-40-55_zps5b19cd2d.png

17-03-201311-13-41_zps90d34a35.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am very impressed in the quality and attention to detail.

These are top notch models. Your choice of uniforms, load outs, insignia are all spot on.

One suggestion for the loadout of the SS Sturmmann/corporal, is to have him with 1 G43 pouch and 1 K98 pouch. That was standard issue for the soldiers issued the G/K43. If you intend him to be issued a G41, have both of his pouches be K98 pouches...as soldiers with G41 rifles were not issued G/K43 pouches (G/K43 wasn't even around yet) and the G41 did not have extra removable magazines or special G41 magazine pouches. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0