• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

small things that could be fix by the community - maybe?

The reason is because it is an SS cap and they removed the Totenkopf insignia :) Please note the shape of the eagle.

Hm it looks like the cap above. And why they want to add a SS cap? The soldiers in RO are soldiers of the Wehrmacht. There are no runes or something else ar the uniforms.

And by the way look at the white lines of the cap, that shows the weapon-color of an infantry unit, too. A tankman would have this lines in pink, too.

So, I can't see the reason why TWI haven't create the whole officer cap correctly.

So maybe somebody can do it right in a mod.

Upvote 0
This is it
Cnqkj.png

Ignore the weird shape, it's the FOV.

Upvote 0
Coin-goD, as I googled quickly yesterday for a picture of the cap I also came across a higher resolution picture of the cockade with oak leaves. Perhaps this can be useful.

10027.jpg

I think I remember a post by TWI that they would like to implement corrections of this kind made by the community in future updates. However, for legal reasons they can not use the swastika in several European versions. Perhaps you can think of a variation that is not as obvious as the black Iron Cross instead of the swastika. Maybe a silver Iron Cross inside the eagle's wreath or even a slightly darker grey square would do.

Upvote 0
The cap issue is not worth looking in to only because German officers and NCOs, when in combat, wore helmets anyway.

Well, that would mean we only need to replace the cap mesh with the helmet one.

Kleist: What I mean is any change that needs to be done to the game to make it historically accurate. In terms of Uniforms.

Upvote 0