• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

Now now, not everyone will use it like that :p

However, having terrain effects on vehicles would be a big help. Faster road movement, slower and bumpier movement on other terrain plus the ability to tip over would really encourage a more proper use of it. Without that, you are right, you will have the occasional dork driving around like an idiot.

Also limiting respawns of vehicles so they aren't as common as blades of grass would help too.

i like this idea, mostly because i would love an expansion which adds brits and the churchill tank. But the only advantage to using a churchill in real life is its ability to cross rough terrain and basic barriers, it was a great tank for urban warfare but that aspect wouldn't be reflected in the current RO2 build :(

my favorite armored vehicle is the STUG, i just love em :).

Upvote 0
Well, I'm working with the Red Orchestra 2 SDK and of course manage all the stuff between the team mates and Tripwire Interactive.
And keep you up to date ;)
Hey Bob,

What's your role on the team? You haven't listed yourself in the team introduction blurb!! :eek:

:IS2::IS2::IS2:

And Y E S we're still recruiting and would enjoy to work together with some more people!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You really think a full game with a dedicated full time development team could possibly beat a bunch of enthusiasts who have day jobs?

If they don't and a bunch of enthusiasts who have day jobs out-do them.... then they're really doing something wrong and shouldn't be running a business. :cool:

Sounds like a challenge to me. :IS2:

Upvote 0
while I laud your efforts in producing stuff for the community that the developers should be producing, it's sad to think that they wont be investing any time soon in new maps, weapons and vehicles.
I always thought that Ostfront was brilliant and DH too and that Ro2 would logically be the crowning glory...but its fading fast by the looks of it.

Upvote 0
while I laud your efforts in producing stuff for the community that the developers should be producing, it's sad to think that they wont be investing any time soon in new maps, weapons and vehicles.
I always thought that Ostfront was brilliant and DH too and that Ro2 would logically be the crowning glory...but its fading fast by the looks of it.

Those who create vehicles are not necessarily those who create maps anyway.

Upvote 0
There will be of course allied vehicles, but maybe there isn't always a "balance vehicle" for each side.
This is caused by the historically accuracy of the stalingrad era.

Regards,
Bob

LOL! sounds like the un-edited version would have gotten you banned. i'll be surprised if this version doesn't get you an infraction. :eek:

Blitzk.-Bob any chance of some allied vehicle pics or maybe some hints? i really hope they aren't being left out, but i hadn't noticed any talk about them.

Upvote 0