• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Missing cached shader map

I have imported a static mesh and have then also created a material which I have assigned to this static mesh.

Upon compiling my mod, I see the following in my logs:
Code:
[0031.03] Log: Missing cached shader map for material Iceberg_blue_mat, compiling.
[0031.03] Log: Can't compile Iceberg_blue_mat with seekfree loading path on console, will attempt to use default material instead
[0031.03] Warning: Warning, Failed to compile Material TOGAFreezeTagContent.Icebergs.Iceberg_blue_mat for platform PC-D3D-SM3, Default Material will be used in game.

Can anyone help me understand what I need to do to fix this? I am wondering If I have done something wrong in the material editor....

The material is very simple:

icematerial.jpg

Any help appreciated :)

Well I have no idea how the heck to cook a single package :(

Easy enough if you have a package to support a map as cooking the map cooks the package, but how to cook a package on it's own.......feck knows!

EDIT: Think I may have found something:
http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ContentCooking.html

EDIT 2: Well I have cooked my package and I still get the shader cache error. I used the following command in a batch file:
rogame.exe CookPackages TOGAFreezeTagContent -platform=pc

Some TWI input would be appreciated here on command line options to use when cooking a mod (new game mode) for both client and server ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will have to take a closer look when I get a chance, but I think this is the same problem that we have (which has been fixed!!) in the current public SDK with using -useunpublished.

The technical problem is that in the cooked version of RO2 we are using a slightly modified version of console utilization of content streaming. Unfortunately, the code path for consoles would not allow the use of a LocalShaderCache. As I have just previously mentioned, it has been fixed but you will have to wait until the updated SDK becomes available.

Upvote 0
I will have to take a closer look when I get a chance, but I think this is the same problem that we have (which has been fixed!!) in the current public SDK with using -useunpublished.

The technical problem is that in the cooked version of RO2 we are using a slightly modified version of console utilization of content streaming. Unfortunately, the code path for consoles would not allow the use of a LocalShaderCache. As I have just previously mentioned, it has been fixed but you will have to wait until the updated SDK becomes available.

Thank you for replying Swag - Happy to wait now I know I'm not being a thicko :)

Upvote 0
Well I have come back to this after a very long break and still of course have the same issue, although offline it works ok and the materials are loading and applied to my mesh correctly.

When playing online, my client side logs have this:
Code:
[0030.74] Warning: Warning, Failed to compile Material TOGAFreezeTagContent.Materials.HUD_Indicator_mat for platform PC-D3D-SM3, Default Material will be used in game.
[0030.81] Warning: Warning, Failed to compile Material TOGAFreezeTagContent.Icebergs.Iceberg_blue_mat for platform PC-D3D-SM3, Default Material will be used in game.
[0030.81] Warning: Warning, Failed to compile Material TOGAFreezeTagContent.Icebergs.Iceberg_red_mat for platform PC-D3D-SM3, Default Material will be used in game.

The iceberg meshes from the package TOGAFreezeTagContent get spawn ok offline/online and this package (I believe after testing) only needs to be on the client.

But I still do not know how to fix the 'failed to compile material' issue - any thoughts greatly appreciated :)

Upvote 0