• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

Hey Major_Day,

at the moment the map is far away from a beta build. I just started to work with SDK and 3ds Max a few weeks ago, and I want to build a high quality map. After the shock with the WWAUT, I decided to take more time with the map. Maybe I'm going to add some more accessible buildings, don't know exactly... But I don't want to create a tank-only map.

I'll keep you up to date. Thank you for your interest!

Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Major_Day,

at the moment the map is far away from a beta build. I just started to work with SDK and 3ds Max a few weeks ago, and I want to build a high quality map. After the shock with the WWAUT, I decided to take more time with the map. Maybe I'm going to add some more accessible buildings, don't know exactly... But I don't want to create a tank-only map.

I'll keep you up to date. Thank you for your interest!

Regards

I didn't mean a permanent tank only map, build it as a CA. map but release it as tank only til the APC's are released, that's the way Arad2 was done, that way the bugs can mostly be ironed out before nearing the final release

Upvote 0
I am just posting up a screen of a bunker shot from a map that I am working on, I know it is really nothing to go by, but I was wondering what people think of what they see?
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
The bunker looks very convincing, good work!

My only objection: the roof would collapse instantly if it was constructed this way, because the supporting beams are weakended by intersection exactly where they are exposed to their maximum mechanical stress. Either there has to be a pillar with additional branches where the diagonal beams meet or - much better - you might want to place several parallel beams under the roof planks, roughly 100cm apart (but not resting on top of the door frame). I don't want to sound pedantic, but I am an architect and details like these leap out at me like a F16 jet in a WW2 game leaps out at others.

Upvote 0
The bunker looks very convincing, good work!

My only objection: the roof would collapse instantly if it was constructed this way, because the supporting beams are weakended by intersection exactly where they are exposed to their maximum mechanical stress. Either there has to be a pillar with additional branches where the diagonal beams meet or - much better - you might want to place several parallel beams under the roof planks, roughly 100cm apart (but not resting on top of the door frame). I don't want to sound pedantic, but I am an architect and details like these leap out at me like a F16 jet in a WW2 game leaps out at others.

I thought the same about the roof cunstruction (and I'm no architect, only pedantic :D ). But everything else looks perfect!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
How does it look?

Its supposed to be Omaha beach... ( im working on Landing craft models ). Texture for the bunkers I just stole from the content browser :p

note: its not anywhere near completion, this is just the first objective point.

note 2: got some LCVP's in, texture is pretty crappy and having trouble with bouncing while walking and some other stuff. oh well.

h0Gb3.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks good ! I'd love to play a map like that. Would need lots of arty fires and a beach strewn with lots of obstacles.

Yep and it does, repeating arty on the beach & in the sky level.

You might want to make that coastal hight wider as it now looks like you are attacking Ayers Rock. Its WIP I know.....

Definitely a WIP, Il work more on background scenery and stuff after I get the main parts done. That is 2 days work with 3-4 hours/day, I'll probably be working on it for a while...

Also, if I can im going to be adding animations to the landing craft, so they would ride to the beach, before the hatch opens a "whistle" sound, then they open :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0