• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

333ve3r.png

As I mentioned, my map will feature LoudSpeakers. This one will be the main version, most probably Destructible Objectives. This will spit propaganda randomly.

Im now working on a simpler version wich will play a shorter propaganda but only when germans/russians capture points. Chearing the Germans and treathening the Russians!

Another idea I had is placing 1 or 2 radios in some buildings where you can hear Hitler's speech from 1942.
HITLER´S SPEECH 8 NOV 1942 PART 4 - YouTube
Just like in the movie Stalingrad.
Idea I took from COD WaW in wich you can hear one of his speeches in a few maps.

I was thinking on adding a patch for people that don't want swastikas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
333ve3r.png

As I mentioned, my map will feature LoudSpeakers. This one will be the main version, most probably Destructible Objectives. This will spit propaganda randomly.

Im now working on a simpler version wich will play a shorter propaganda but only when germans/russians capture points. Chearing the Germans and treathening the Russians!

Another idea I had is placing 1 or 2 radios in some buildings where you can hear Hitler's speech from 1942.
HITLER´S SPEECH 8 NOV 1942 PART 4 - YouTube
Just like in the movie Stalingrad.
Idea I took from COD WaW in wich you can hear one of his speeches in a few maps.

I was thinking on adding a patch for people that don't want swastikas.
Nice! Can we climb that tower? And I don't think an anti-swastika patch is needed. I don't think there's a legal issue if it's custom content.

Upvote 0
The video overall is a tad to dark to give a comment.

I guess you cant use the same package as Harley.

You have your own version of the file.
So when more people will use it they have to cook there maps
with an own version of the package.
Which will make custom maps are releasing
with a different packages with the same assets.

This can't be solved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crickets would be great...B2!

Okay map is ready guys but having some problems cooking it...getting some help from Harley right now. Once we get that issue solved I will be testing for a couple of hours on a private server and then will release...hopefully by Tuesday.

Hope your ready to sneak around in the dark and fog! :D

Upvote 0
the eagle has landed! ;)
The Eagle has departed! I think I'm throwing my towel in with RO2...

I'm so ticked off I worked hundreds of hours on that map and for some reason I can't cook anything via my SDK and the cooked server version doesn't work. Not sure where to to turn to get help...

I just don't have the energy left to figure out why I can't cook the map...

Best of luck to all of you and the best of luck to RO2....

shake :(:(:(

Upvote 0
Shake (and other guys mapping), don't give up now. From someone who's gone through the process for the first time and is still going through it, you hit many walls that feel like they're permanent - my map sat for weeks once coz I couldn't cook for some unknown reason. But I got lots of help from everyone on here and between us all we figured it out. Then I spent many more hours of cooking and testing to get it to a point of not being completely broken :) And there are many others who have gone through the same thing.

It's hard to learn the sdk from scratch with all its quirks. And it's nearly impossible to troubleshoot all the problems you hit on your own. Take it from me, I felt like I was asking the most stupid questions ever but it beats the frustration of trying to figure it all out solo.

I've been stumped with your cooking problem Shake but I'm sure others wont be.

Upvote 0
Noooooooo! I hope this isn't a permanent give up, and someone will be along to help, i've really looked forward to this map. Take a few days break, and then try again, hopefully with help maybe?

Thanks guys...

I am willing to send anyone the map file to see if they can figure it out. I am not submitting the map for the contest I just want to play the damn thing with other people and check it off my bucket list. :confused:

Upvote 0
Thanks guys...

I am willing to send anyone the map file to see if they can figure it out. I am not submitting the map for the contest I just want to play the damn thing with other people and check it off my bucket list. :confused:

That's the hard thing to figure out, coz it cooked for me just fine. It seems like it's something outside the map. The elusive "something" that plagues us all every now and then. But if anyone else could try it'd be good to know if they too can do it. Probably best to start a separate thread though so everyone can pitch in and it'll be easier for future mappers with similar problems to find.

Upvote 0