• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

-=}WoLvErInE{=-

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Chi-Town
www.wolvy.net
I think it will be fun to see what everyone is working on and will be working in future. this is will be an image/video thread to maybe show off some teaser shots of what we're all working on.

W.I.P can be anything! Level, Textures, Models, mods...as long as it has something to do with RO2.

and PLEASE no flaming or spamming this thread, lets keep it clean and have some fun ;)

p.s. any chance to have this "sticky"?

Ok, here we go! I'll start :D

Some real early Bridge work..

Spoiler!

Nice work, but don't you think that slope is too steep? I bet few cars from the 40's wouldn't be able to climb it :p

Now I'll just be nitpicky: I don't think USSR had large paved roads like this during the war, even less with a bridge this big with this architecture (I hope you prove me wrong). It reminds me of Arnhem.

Anyhow, it looks like a good CA map with good tank action if that slope is corrected (otherwise tanks won't be able to cross the bridge) and I can't wait to play on it once it's complete. Wish you luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As was said above, the slope of the road is very steep, for a public road (I assume this is what it is), you'll want to try and aim for a 6% slope at a maximum, although that maximum may be different in Russia compared to the US standard xD

I could get into very technical things with the slope and grade of the road but I'll try not to :3

Other than that! I'd love to see when more progress is made, as fighting on a bridge is always great fun, and could be even more so with some of the new RO2 mechanics.

Upvote 0
Nice work, but don't you think that slope is too steep? I bet few cars from the 40's wouldn't be able to climb it :p

Now I'll just be nitpicky: I don't think USSR had large paved roads like this during the war, even less with a bridge this big with this architecture (I hope you prove me wrong). It reminds me of Arnhem.

Anyhow, it looks like a good CA map with good tank action if that slope is corrected (otherwise tanks won't be able to cross the bridge) and I can't wait to play on it once it's complete. Wish you luck!

As was said above, the slope of the road is very steep, for a public road (I assume this is what it is), you'll want to try and aim for a 6% slope at a maximum, although that maximum may be different in Russia compared to the US standard xD

I could get into very technical things with the slope and grade of the road but I'll try not to :3

Other than that! I'd love to see when more progress is made, as fighting on a bridge is always great fun, and could be even more so with some of the new RO2 mechanics.

Thx for the comments guys. True to every thing you guys said, however for this first map, i'm just trying to get my feet wet. I'm not really worried about a real location, but trying something bit different. The whole gameplay will be based on the bridge. with 3 points to capture/defend. The map will only be infantry. so this means slow moving and lots of cover points, more tactical.

The "Ramp" is mainly going to be for eyecandy, with lots of debris, clutter, and such. only the real top of the ramp will be used , and that'll be the starting spawn point. as you'll see in pic below

Spoiler!

and these are the 2 pic's i'm using for Reference. Yes, not Russian bridges ;)

Spoiler!

I love it,

Make me beautiful tracks for side-car drivers and we will be friends ...
(with bridges, tunnels, jumps, bumps, sphalte roads, dirts roads, rivers, slopes <40% maximum, etc.., etc.).

:p

Thx man, i'll see what i can do ;)

BTW..... This is a tough crowd. Come on people, I know i'm not the only one working on something.... Lets see some of the Beautiful work y'all working on................ BRING IT!!!

BTW2.....I'm work is halted for now, due to the editor crashing after the patch :(. Hopefully it gets patched soon :D

Upvote 0
Heh, I drive a manual transmission and I can tell you with no lack of certainty that I could never, ever get up that hill.

I'd put my foot on the clutch to change gears and roll all the way back down the bottom before I could put the clutch back out.

Other than that, the map looks great man! Keep up the awesome work!

Upvote 0
Very good post!!!

I remember in some other game forums there was threads like this (Taleworlds forums has a "Official 3D art Thread" with over 1600 pages). They are normally my favourite threads because its good to see other peoples work and it's also a good place to discuss, help and as we have seen already get some good feedback.

I'll post some WIP pics later :D

This post needs some glue on it. Make it sticky

PS. "
0 out of 1 members like this post." I must of pissed someone off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Thx man, i'll see what i can do ;)

I'm almost convinced this is Nijmegen Bridge. It's still there. As you can see it hardly has any slope. Normally a river slides a gully in the landscape.
So it only require a loner less steep slope. You should try to do that in your example to. So pull down the terrain where the river or gully is and
make a more realistic slope.

My 2 eurocents

Upvote 0
Very nice Wolverine!
I would show something but the editor is crashing like a drunk ferret behind the wheel of a Cadillac.

btw how did you manage to build lighting without it crashing?

everything you see is pre-patch. I had no problems importing meshes in editor, making material, or building lighting. now...noting. It's fubar!

Upvote 0
excellent work dude

Thanks man :D

yeah!!! while at work today i was thinking to my self how cool it would be to get home today, and see a full blown SDK ready for download......but then quickly realized this is TWI were talking about. :rolleyes:

Sure enough...I get home and check. guess what???? noting :eek:

sad thing is a team of about 7 people released a game called "Dungeon Defenders" with full SDK support, T/C and all. and you have TWI like 3 times the man power...and what we get? you may ask?? a "preview version"..... how sad! :(

Upvote 0