• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 40,000

I hope eventually when this gets into the proper developement all standard imperian plasma weapons will have a slight chance of blowing up on your face. You know if you roll 1 with a plasma gun it will overheat and deal the damage to the user tabletop wise.

Sounds good. (All I can say!) :)

well i'm not convinced but then what do i know - good luck in any case.

Cheers. :) And I forgot to add, you can also think of this mod as attracting more players into buying HoS! I only ever bought Unreal Tournament 2004 for Killing Floor, after all. There are plenty of games that I have bought exclusively for a mod built for it! I know for a fact I'm not the only person who does this.

Reactions: HeadClot and Derpus
Upvote 0
Just thought that i would break the radio silence and give you a taste of what I have been working on.

Building_1.png

I am working on buildings like Mad ATM. Making each stand out in there own way.

This is for our first City of Death.

Here is what we are in need of:

Programers with Unreal Script Knowledge

Character Artists (Zbrush Knowledge preferred - But not required)

Mappers (We are in Dire need of mappers)

I would just like to point out that me and Gibby cannot do this alone.

Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
Just thought that i would break the radio silence and give you a taste of what I have been working on.

Building_1.png

I am working on buildings like Mad ATM. Making each stand out in there own way.

This is for our first City of Death.

Awesome. I'll continue to look around for people who might end up helping. I'm guessing it'll be easier to find when Red Orchestra 2 is actually out though.

Also, have you guys seen/played the Fire Warrior game? It's old and I'm not sure how accurate the damage stats were, but the gun models look nice:

ALL WEAPONS FROM WARHAMMER 40'000 - YouTube
I always forget that bolters are less like machine guns and more like automatic rocket launchers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I have not asked for help there believe it or not. Just Waiting to hear back from some one.

Feel Free to help where you can :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where do you need help?

Headclot says they need help here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, we're sticking to Armageddon. However, Armageddon contains arctic environments, equatorial jungles, mountain ranges, ash wastes, deserts, cities, stuff like that. :) We're going to concentrate on just a few of those for the first release, then see about expanding to more with appropiate models and retextures and such. So basically, the catachan jungle fighters ARE a possibility, but don't get your hopes up. :p

And stormtroopers will be featured, they're taking up the IG's assault trooper class with automatic weapons. :)

We do have ideas, but very little resources. For those curious, the mod is probably not going to be finished for a long time, probably way after Rising Storm, In Country: Vietnam, Iron Europe, etc. unless we get help.

The stormtroopers normal weapon is the hot shot las-gun which is semi automatic, wouldnt they fit in more as the sharpshooter role?

Upvote 0
The stormtroopers normal weapon is the hot shot las-gun which is semi automatic, wouldnt they fit in more as the sharpshooter role?

Actually, their choice weapon for the longest time was the Hellgun and its variants. The Hotshot Lasgun is a recent change in the 40k universe - which obviously is after Armageddon and according to the Lexicanum, it's rare weapon.

I don't mods will have a ranking system so there won't be any heroes.

That isn't for you to say. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, Just thought I post this little update on what I have been up to.

First off I went on a 40k Shopping spree of sorts.

Here are the books/Minis that I purchased -

Warhammer 40k -

Armageddon Codex (Yes this is still around)
Imperial Guard Codex ( for the Armageddon Codex )
Ork Codex ( for the Armagaddon Codex )
Space Marine Chaplin ( for me to look at when my eyes get strained )

anyways that is all from me for now at least.

Upvote 0
These three books are the holy grail of background reading and fluff on the Imperial Guard. Now out of stock so they'll be harder to find but definitely worth picking up if you can find on online ;)

Tactica Imperialis
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/Tactica-Imperialis.html

With numerous detailed maps, comprehensive description of four Imperial campaigns and illustrated throughout, Tactica Imperialis examines in detail the tactics of the Imperial Guard and how they are deployed for war against a variety of foes.

The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/Imperial-Infantrymans-Uplifting-Primer.html
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Warhamm...s-Uplifting-Primer-Damocles-Gulf-Edition.html

The definitive handbook for the loyal soldiers of the Imperial Guard.Bursting with a wealth of information describing tactics, combat,enemies, prayers and much more.

Imperial Munitorum Manual
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Warhammer-40000/Imperial-Munitorum-Manual-The.html

In the style of a military weapons catalogue, it features over sixty entries on weapons, kit and equipment utilised by the imperial guard.

Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
How much more did Stormtroopers' improved armor protect them against a Shoota (if at all) and does regular flak armor stop them at all or no? I don't know much about Ork weapons, but those don't seem to be anywhere near as powerful as a bolter. Perhaps closer to an autogun?

Last edited:
Upvote 0