• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 40,000

Great wordplay. :p Anyway, Headclot and I seem to have settled on Warhammer 40,000: Heroes of Armageddon some time ago and there hasn't been any real reason to change it as of yet, so we're calling it that, if you'd like to know. :)

personly i think red orchestra 40k is the best name, it avoids copyright infringement. :) your setting your self up for getting shutdown. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
personly i think red orchestra 40k is the best name, it avoids copyright infringement. :) your setting your self up for getting shutdown. :(

Actually, the page about copyright infringement states that you can't mix two intellectual properties together, in this case, "Red Orchestra 40,000" with Warhammer 40,000 stuff in it without its appropiate name "Warhammer 40,000." It's almost as if I'm saying that this WH40k stuff belongs to RO!

Upvote 0
Actually, the page about copyright infringement states that you can't mix two intellectual properties together, in this case, "Red Orchestra 40,000" with Warhammer 40,000 stuff in it without its appropiate name "Warhammer 40,000." It's almost as if I'm saying that this WH40k stuff belongs to RO!

there's possibly something similar about actually using their fluff, or that it at least pisses them off. Hence the entire Blood Ravens chapter and that demo-launcher they're implementing in spess mehreen being created for relic to mess around with ;)

Upvote 0
I'm sure someone's already thought of this, but if you end up having Commissars (seems logical that you would eventually) I just think it would be funny to have an execution ability. Like the Hero and morale system in RO2; slightly reduced suppression if the hero is around. What if executing a teammate with your laspistol gave a minor bonus to suppression resistance? I probably want this mostly for the hilarity. Of course, the effect would have to not stack and have a long cool-down otherwise people would use it as an excuse to grief.

As for Ork, give them da WAAAAAAAGH.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I can't understand how companies can sometimes be such jackasses about themed free mods made by fans.
*cough* Especially Lucas Art. *cough*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't understand how companies can sometimes be such jackasses about themed free mods made by fans.
*cough* Especially Lucas Art. *cough*

The companies get pissed off because a mod team can make something more fun out of their product than they can.

They should really be mad at themselves for being talentless and having poor creativity.

The starwars cod mod was actually fun. More fun than any lucasarts game i've played.

Upvote 0
I would like to announce that this mod isn't dead! My own personal problems are really blowing over finally, and well, I am currently in the middle of modelling some Imperial Guard weapons! ;) If all goes well, you'll see them sooner or later!

Headclot seems to have disappeared to other projects, and it seems as if I am on my own as of now, unless he returns. ._. I'm not looking to actively recruit on e.g. the UDK forums without having any completed stuff to show, but I will put up my steam page again, so you may add me if you're willing to help out!:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/C_Gibby

Last edited:
Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
I would like to announce that this mod isn't dead! My own personal problems are really blowing over finally, and well, I am currently in the middle of modelling some Imperial Guard weapons! ;) If all goes well, you'll see them sooner or later!

Awesome!

Headclot seems to have disappeared to other projects, and it seems as if I am on my own as of now, unless he returns. ._. I'm not looking to actively recruit on e.g. the UDK forums without having any completed stuff to show, but I will put up my steam page again, so you may add me if you're willing to help out!:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/C_Gibby

Ah, that part sucks though. Well, if you get a few things done I'm sure it can convince people to lend a hand. I love you Gibby. The Emperor loves you.

Upvote 0
I really wish I could help out here!!!

Unfortunately I have just started learning programming don't know any programming skills besides very basic coding on VB.net and a few networking commands. Glad to hear your personal issues are gone and wish you all the best! Hell, if your still modding once I get better I would gladly join you :)

I would love it if you joined later on! (and anyone else) There's currently nobody but myself, it seems. :(

Upvote 0
I'm still watching this thread and waiting for work :p I also know a few CG animators and artists who could probably help in their spare time and may be able to find a rigger depending on if they're busy or not with work at the moment.

Oh, that's awesome! Why don't you direct them here for us? That would be awesome of you if you can!

Upvote 0