• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
eyRMlPYZIH4.jpg
prototype Colt XM148 grenade launcher in Vietnam.

Upvote 0
http://www.incountrygame.com

Today is a big day for In Country:Vietnam as we announce our transition to a full-fledged independent title.

We would like to thank Tripwire Interactive and especially Yoshi for all the support during development of the mod as well as those of you who have been loyally following the project over the last few years.

I don't want to tread on any toes so you are welcome to ask any questions on our forums/social media or you are welcome to add me on steam.

Upvote 0
This is very bittersweet news in my opinion. On the one hand, it's very disappointing that this won't be around to help keep the RO2 community thriving. On the other hand, it's nice to know that switching to UE4 will help it avoid the limitations that RO2's implementation of UE3 has set upon itself.

Upvote 0
Owch! I was hoping I would get to play the beta before I shipped to basic!

Oh well, I guess I'll be on the lookout for this after all my training is done. Good luck and I hope your project is successful! If it is you will get my purchase that's for sure!

And by the way, how much of the current work is portable into the new engine?

Upvote 0
Last hope died, RIP Incountry and RIP Festung Europe.

Agree. This thing is never coming out now. There was a piece of hope left but now everything is gone. The game will never be released. No, no, it never will be fully developed let alone released. Besides, it will be paid instead of being mod, a free thing as it was supposed to be. This is even worse than being an addon for RO2 like RS. I would be suprised if we see anything before 2017-2018 and by that time its gonna be outdated badly. It was too good to be true. To have a Vietnam war based game with the RO2 mechanics. Now I realized it really sounds as a dream. Such Vietnam war game can exists only in our dreams and will never ever see a broad daylight.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.