• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the lack of replies, a lot of us have been on holiday as it's that time of year.

Like Wolvy has said development hasn't stopped and the mod isn't dead, there is still a good ten or so of us working every day to finish the mod. Sadly it looks like we are the last mod team standing which I hope isn't the case.

Anyway concerning new media and the website it should be up shortly I'm just waiting on something new we can show before we put the new website up.

We are obviously well over our original estimates for our release schedule but that's one of the pitfalls of mod work, people work for free in their spare time, I'm not trying to excuse a lack of updates but offering an explanation of why a lot of mods fail or take a longer than is sometimes expected.

Again thanks for all the support and we are well aware that there are a lot of people waiting for us to finish or at least see some progress, that's something we are working on :)

Upvote 0
Sorry for the lack of replies, a lot of us have been on holiday as it's that time of year.

Like Wolvy has said development hasn't stopped and the mod isn't dead, there is still a good ten or so of us working every day to finish the mod. Sadly it looks like we are the last mod team standing which I hope isn't the case.

Anyway concerning new media and the website it should be up shortly I'm just waiting on something new we can show before we put the new website up.

We are obviously well over our original estimates for our release schedule but that's one of the pitfalls of mod work, people work for free in their spare time, I'm not trying to excuse a lack of updates but offering an explanation of why a lot of mods fail or take a longer than is sometimes expected.

Again thanks for all the support and we are well aware that there are a lot of people waiting for us to finish or at least see some progress, that's something we are working on :)

Waiting for news!

Upvote 0
Keeping it positive.

Keeping it positive.

Good to see that it's still being worked on and that there is in fact progress, first time posting on this thread but huge In Country fan/supporter. I've started a Viet Cong group for In Country [url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LiberationForces[/URL] and it's already 32 members strong with everyone of us very eager to get playing and excited about IC. Keep it up guys and good luck, hope to see the site up soon!

Upvote 0
I've started a Viet Cong group for In Country [url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LiberationForces[/URL]

SOGcard.jpg

You cannot win. Return and build a future. Stay and be destroyed.

Upvote 0

Its understandable that you guys practically working for free, since there is no contract on your modding. But many of us have no problem donating for your effort once the mod is released, if its quality is in ballpark of RS, I'm sure you guys will find people donating 10-20 bucks once the game is released. Now lets hope 80% of the users will donate, crossing fingers for your team.

Upvote 0
A quick update on what we have planned over the next few weeks/months. Hopefully this will put to bed some of the fears about us being dead or inactive.

Our new website will be relaunched at some stage this week along with some new media. If you remember from our old website we had a few 360 renders of our weapons and vehicles which proved to be popular so we are adding to these with some new additions (below is a sneak peek at a little of what we have planned)

Spoiler!

Once our website is back up and running the next piece of media we are currently working towards is a short trailer. I know a lot of people have asked to see in game footage and it's something we are working towards.

The time we spend working on media is time taken away from development so it's a fine balance. We apologise for a lack of recent updates but rest assured that development continues and we can only thank everyone for the continued support. It's been a long road but we are making progress.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The soldier model is very nicely done! I hope its high level variants differentiate greatly - I mean way dirtier clothes, ripped sleeves, etc.

I hope the SL models have a death card on their helmets :rolleyes: Its badass to have one of those.

We will have class variants for both sides such as different gear load outs, boots/sandals, straps, bags etc ;)

Upvote 0
Thats awesome because in RS for example the US team is using the same model for all soldiers. Or the variety is so low that I never noticed any major difference, besides the camo hero skin. I think DICE did a great job on that aspect in BC2: Vietnam. The models were very detailed and different compared to each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats awesome because in RS for example the US team is using the same model for all soldiers. Or the variety is so low that I never noticed any major difference, besides the camo hero skin. I think DICE did a great job on that aspect in BC2: Vietnam. The models were very detailed and different compared to each other.
good job on the soldier model :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.