• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron Europe: 1914-1916

I wish you all the luck there is! but i have one question: is it possible to play this mod before RO2 actually comes out?

and euhm, is there someway to help the mod without having softwares and modding skills? i really want to do something

You'll have to wait for RO:HoS to come out before you can play. It'll actually be a couple of months after since we have to get everything in game, finish up the maps, and start testing.

As to the 2nd question, you do need to have some sort of technical skill. Modeling/texturing and animating are the main things right now.

Upvote 0
This mod will be utterly fantastic but remember that German tanks should be non-existent until 1918 (and thus for this mod) whilst the British get Mark Is and maybe IIs in 1916.

Will there be any maps where the British get a tank or two for INF support, and the Germans get some primitive AT weapons?

I realise the focus is on the start of the war so as to try and avoid tank and aerial battles but it would be awesome to have a Mark I (perhaps just female if you wanted to keep things balanced) on a map or two if you're interested in trying your hand at tank modelling. :cool:

I've never modded this engine (or RO's) but would be willing to help out with something if it would be appreciated/helpful.

Upvote 0
Yes we too think it is going to be fantastic. Tanks are not planned at the moment but that always depends on manpower. If we have enough resources left for tanks (which we don't have atm) we will add them.

Check out our FAQ maybe some of your questions are already answered (the tank question is :) ). Some parts maybe be outdated should fix that :/

http://ironeuropegame.com/faq.php?cat_id=2

Upvote 0
oi!

I demand some information. :D

You're already developing the game in tandem with RO2, In Country and Rising Storm, yeah?

So, for example, if RO2 is released in February, when will we see v1.0 of Iron Europe? Around the same time? March?

What sort of stuff will be in the RC? How many maps are playable? How many do you plan to ship with? 4? 5?

I want to use a Lee Enfield and kill Jerries ASAP. :(

Upvote 0
No tandem or joint development with the other mod teams atm.

My personal goal is to have a public release 6 months after RO2:HoS comes out we will see if we make that. Earlier wouldn't make any sense because everybody is still playing HoS anyway :D

4 maps are planned out, at least two new character models (German and British First World War soldiers), machine guns, rifles, grenades and melee weapons for both sides and for the rest we will see ;)

And play Mare Nostrum in the meantime ;)

Reactions: Psycho_Sam
Upvote 0