• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Drivable GAZ

RandomPerson78642

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
USA
It's back, and actually useable!

cef20d8134.png
1c6a823ec6.png

Kinda buggy, I'll have to make new animations.

914683b1ae.png
f34f0d23f2.png

It's still an edit of the UC though because I don't know how to code.

Last edited:
Is it set up as a ROVehicleFactory?

Go to the ROPlayerStartVolume that you want to associate it with, near bottom of its properties is tbe Vehicle Factory. Hit plus sign and select the ROVehicleFactory in the Scene tab of the content browser that you want to add and assign it. Now it should spawn with the player spawn its associated to.

Sidenote: i have had issues with transports not spawning even when set up correctly if they werent attached to a base. Once I attached them to terrain they spawned correctly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well well well, what do we have here?

612506dc8b.png

f8a68989ac.png

...nothing apparently.

I quickly whipped up a drivable truck just for fun, but I have no idea how the hell to spawn it.

There's no options, no Kismet, nothing. Yet all the original ones just pop into existence.
I even tried adding new Halftracks/UCs and they wouldn't spawn either.
That issue aside does it have animations?

Upvote 0
Please don't quote giant images.

Is it set up as a ROVehicleFactory?

Go to the ROPlayerStartVolume that you want to associate it with, near bottom of its properties is tbe Vehicle Factory. Hit plus sign and select the ROVehicleFactory in the Scene tab of the content browser that you want to add and assign it. Now it should spawn with the player spawn its associated to.

Yeesh that is complicated. No wonder I couldn't figure it out. It makes sense though, I'll try it out.

And no, it doesn't have animations. Right now it's just a copy/pasted Universal Carrier with a different model.

Upvote 0
Umm... the Gaz is a 4 wheeled vehicle. Extending the UC is wrong as it is a treaded vehicle. A whole new class extending further up the tree, maybe even extending Svehicle, is going to be needed. I would start with making a base 4wheelvehicle.uc slot, then extending that for the Gaz. That way other 4 wheeled vehicles could also be extended, like the Kubelwagon and Jeep.

Upvote 0
Umm... the Gaz is a 4 wheeled vehicle. Extending the UC is wrong as it is a treaded vehicle. A whole new class extending further up the tree, maybe even extending Svehicle, is going to be needed. I would start with making a base 4wheelvehicle.uc slot, then extending that for the Gaz. That way other 4 wheeled vehicles could also be extended, like the Kubelwagon and Jeep.

A question by a noob...

What

Upvote 0