• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I have an idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lolling is because ideas are dime a dozen, the HoW team started off with the coder already doing work and searching for a team, already setting a foundation before it even became a thing, without that core the team just falls apart. Your assumption that skilled people are just sitting here waiting for your idea shows a bit of naivety and lack of understanding about the modding situation of RO2 as a whole which isn't good. What you should really do is take up whatever it is you enjoy doing or want to try whether it's making levels, modelling, coding etc and develop a passion for it and join a mod team to gain experience working in a group you never know where you might end up after that.

Upvote 0
The lolling is because ideas are dime a dozen, the HoW team started off with the coder already doing work and searching for a team, already setting a foundation before it even became a thing, without that core the team just falls apart. Your assumption that skilled people are just sitting here waiting for your idea shows a bit of naivety and lack of understanding about the modding situation of RO2 as a whole which isn't good. What you should really do is take up whatever it is you enjoy doing or want to try whether it's making levels, modelling, coding etc and develop a passion for it and join a mod team to gain experience working in a group you never know where you might end up after that.
Naive? Laugh

Of course I know I dont have my army awaiting my return from Elba.....

I think you all are too pesimistic, re read my posts, my only role would be producing. Dude do you even know how movie or game buisness works? They are practically same thing. I have family friends that made a mafia movie in 98 for under 5k and won an indie award from Scorcese himself. Like I said nothing is imposible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I assume if you're the producer, you have lined up the money to attract and pay your team? That is the producers role afterall. And, the IOM and HoW seem pretty tied up right now.

I'd love to help, I could always use a few $, but alas, I don't have any appropriate skills.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

Did you know anarchists abolished money in Catalonia and Aragon in war? There was no such thing, no unemployment, work was done for the people. Food was free, cigrettes were free, wine was free. People used what they produced and there was no shortage either, in fact there was an abundance of everything. No where else in the world has anarchism worked except Catalonia and Aragon. The Ukrainian black army in Russian revolution helped the bolsheviks get rid of Tzar and they were anarchists, Peter Kropotkin followers.

NOTE: These were not modern day ukronazis, they were like the miners of Austurias spain and the catalonians together. Only from what I heard uncle joseph sent them to gulags after the revolution, around the time his wife killed her self because she was so depressed over Stalins paranoia and deportation of the innocent even before WW2 purge of nazi collaborators.

Anyways back to the topic of money, are you trolling me? Since when do mods cost money? Or are you asking me to pay you guys to help me out? Capitalist bs.

In any case if you know gaming history CS didnt cost any money, it was made by two college kids like I said and 3 years later when CS became 1.6 it went retail and Valve BOUGHT it from these kids who ALREADY made it and just said uhh ok gimme thousands Ill go buy a nice car and bang bimbos

just to remind you, IOM and most probably Hotw mods didnt spend even a single cent.

AMEN

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Coming up with an idea is one thing. And for that matter, it's not even a particularly novel idea, as I've contemplated a Spanish Civil War mod before as well.

However, actually realizing that idea and bringing it into reality is another matter entirely. You can't simply expect people to make this mod for you for free, and then have you take the credit, solely because you came up with the idea and then acted as the "producer". If you want something like this to happen, you will probably have to learn some modding skills yourself. Then, once you have a basic foundation, you can start getting other people to help you out with the specifics.

Upvote 0
Coming up with an idea is one thing. And for that matter, it's not even a particularly novel idea, as I've contemplated a Spanish Civil War mod before as well.

However, actually realizing that idea and bringing it into reality is another matter entirely. You can't simply expect people to make this mod for you for free, and then have you take the credit, solely because you came up with the idea and then acted as the "producer". If you want something like this to happen, you will probably have to learn some modding skills yourself. Then, once you have a basic foundation, you can start getting other people to help you out with the specifics.

Do movie producers have to know how to act? In any case who leads IOM? Who modles for IOM? No offense comrade you know I luv ya, but a teenager......

I rest my case.

Nope, I believe he can do it. His charm will eventually draw everyone in.

Charm, yeah works on women when im not too intoxicated lol

Seriously thx, "if you build it they will come"

Btw Cwalk I know what mod your talking about I had heard about it over 10 years ago. Never played it. My best friend told me about it in Spain, it was for COD 2 when the franchise was ok not n00b like now. In any case he told me it was ok but not very well done. I think with RO2 SDK a lot more can be accomplished then COD 2 engine....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do movie producers have to know how to act? In any case who leads IOM? Who modles for IOM? No offense comrade you know I luv ya, but a teenager......

I rest my case.

Btw Cwalk I know what mod your talking about I had heard about it over 10 years ago. Never played it. My best friend told me about it in Spain, it was for COD 2 when the franchise was ok not n00b like now. In any case he told me it was ok but not very well done. I think with RO2 SDK a lot more can be accomplished then COD 2 engine....

To answer your questions, as you probably know Dibbler was the one who initially envisioned IOM, and because he had modding skills, he was able to lay the groundwork, until eventually other people saw his work and decided to help him. Same idea with Heroes of the West. There needs to be a foundation to build upon if you expect random people to help you make this mod.

And I wasn't even talking about any mod in particular. There was simply a thread a while back that discussed possible settings for future Red Orchestra games or mods, and the Spanish Civil War occurred to me as one that had a lot of potential. However, a mod based upon it will not create itself, that's all I'm trying to say.

Meanwhile, you say, "If you build it they will come", yet you have built nothing, and seem to have no intention of doing so. So why should they come?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To answer your questions, as you probably know Dibbler was the one who initially envisioned IOM, and because he had modding skills, he was able to lay the groundwork, until eventually other people saw his work and decided to help him. Same idea with Heroes of the West. There needs to be a foundation to build upon if you expect random people to help you make this mod.

And I wasn't even talking about any mod in particular. There was simply a thread a while back that discussed possible settings for future Red Orchestra games or mods, and the Spanish Civil War occurred to me as one that had a lot of potential. However, a mod based upon it will not create itself, that's all I'm trying to say.

Meanwhile, you say, "If you build it they will come", yet you have built nothing, and seem to have no intention of doing so. So why should they come?

Ok are you trolling me?

1)One I already know Dibbler fyi and you underesstimate him, a mod is nothing but a house built upon a house in analogy terms. Dibbler knows like 5 programming languages, he can make a house himself if you want another analogy of my role instead of producer it would be the architect, I just design the way the house WILL BE

2)Ohh rly a mod doesnt create itself? REALLY!!! I thought babys were brought by the stork to our doorsteps too!!!

3) Obviously english is not your first language nor have you ever seen the movie "Field of Dreams"

Why do I say this, look up the simple word IF. Does it mean already built? Did I put anywhere in this thread, hey I mad a mod come play it? Seriously what kind of trolling are you doing, of course I have built nothing. I WANT TO BUILDSOMETHING. And I need the help.

Go ask HoW or IOM producer the same thing and how they would react if you came to them when they had the idea with this bs.

Now yet again to put in analogys, this architect needs, peons, bricklayers and carpenters roofers etc.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok are you trolling me?

1)One I already know Dibbler fyi and you underesstimate him, a mod is nothing but a house built upon a house in analogy terms. Dibbler knows like 5 programming languages, he can make a house himself if you want another analogy of my role instead of producer it would be the architect, I just design the way the house WILL BE

2)Ohh rly a mod doesnt create itself? REALLY!!! I thought babys were brought by the stork to our doorsteps too!!!

3) Obviously english is not your first language nor have you ever seen the movie "Field of Dreams"

Why do I say this, look up the simple word IF. Does it mean already built? Did I put anywhere in this thread, hey I mad a mod come play it? Seriously what kind of trolling are you doing, of course I have built nothing. I WANT TO BUILDSOMETHING. And I need the help.

Go ask HoW or IOM producer the same thing and how they would react if you came to them when they had the idea with this bs.

Now yet again to put in analogys, this architect needs, peons, bricklayers and carpenters roofers etc.....

I wasn't saying anything bad about Dibbler. He came up with an idea for a mod, and then acted upon that idea, eventually making it come to fruition. Once the foundations of the mod were in place, others became interested, and people such as AAZ came along to help. That is how a mod should be made.

However, simply coming up with the ideas for a mod is nothing more than wishful thinking. If you want this mod to happen, then you're actually going to have to take initiative, and do some of the work yourself, because you can't expect everyone else to do it for you without some form of compensation for their countless hours of hard work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wasn't saying anything bad about Dibbler. He came up with an idea for a mod, and then acted upon that idea, eventually making it come to fruition. Once the foundations of the mod were in place, others became interested, and people such as AAZ came along to help. That is how a mod should be made.

However, simply coming up with the ideas for a mod is nothing more than wishful thinking. If you want this mod to happen, then you're actually going to have to take initiative, and do some of the work yourself, because you can't expect everyone else to do it for you without some form of compensation for their countless hours of hard work.
Ok your trolling its official

omg EVERYTHING you say is like your trying to teach a father how to have kids

You think I dont know that already? You think I cant get aaz to model for me too? You think I dont know how a mod should be made?
Coming up with ideas? What you think dibbler just jizz IOM? Im pretty sure he had an idea for it too. Where did I say I want anyone to do anything for me? Compensation for hardwork? omg

I give up, what your uttering please go say it to IOM and MoH ask them wheres there hard earned money.

Upvote 0
What you think dibbler just jizz IOM?
I literally said the opposite of that.

Where did I say I want anyone to do anything for me?
I thought that was the whole point of this thread.

I give up, what your uttering please go say it to IOM and MoH ask them wheres there hard earned money.
Obviously mods are not for profit, but all I'm saying is that it seems selfish that you expect others to do all the hard work of developing it, while all you do is come up with some ideas and then expect part of the credit.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.