• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Type 100, FmW 35, and ROKS-2 Flamethrowers

Sure. But first I need to get it working.

I have two main problems:

1. It's impossible to create a custom role without creating a whole new ROGameInfo as well. I had to hijack the Light Mortar, but the problem with that is that it loads the light mortar pawn files and I don't know how to override it.

2. I can't seem to get the Type 100 working. I copied and renamed all the M2 files, but everything keeps ending up blank or glitched out.

Upvote 0
Okay, I got it working!

I also figured out custom names by looking at one of dibbler's old posts. (RIP)

0b1059fd20.png

d939a10f16.png

344a7b9027.png

3c49a9a96d.png

f7b408f42b.png

But the third person model is still all weird. It looks like a normal light mortar with an invisible pistol.

f99aa1dd1a.png

e964b7e0b0.png

Anyone know how to fix that?

Plus I can't seem to edit the inventory and kill icon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey now, I'm not dead ;)

Have your created a weapon attachment class for this new weapon?

The kill icon requires some legwork. You need to extend both ROPlayerController and ROHUD (or access the HUD object at runtime and replace it.) Look for ROHUDWidget_KillMessages, or something like that.

The inventory icon can be done another way:

Code:
class ROWeap_PPD40_SMG extends ROProjectileWeapon
	abstract;

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
  super.PostBeginPlay();

if(WorldInfo.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer)
  {
    AddTextures(ROHUD(GetALocalPlayerController().myHUD).WeaponWidget);
    AddTextures(ROHUD(GetALocalPlayerController().myHUD).InventoryWidget);
  }
}

simulated function AddTextures(ROHUDWidget iWidget)
{
  local ROWeaponUV wWeaponUV;

if(iWidget != none && iWidget.WeaponUVs.Find('WeaponClass', 'ROWeap_PPD40_SMG') < 0)
  {
    wWeaponUV.WeaponClass = 'ROWeap_PPD40_SMG';
    wWeaponUV.WeaponTexture=Texture2D'WP_Sov_PPD40.Materials.ui_hud_weaponselect_PPD40';
    wWeaponUV.ClipTexture=Texture2D'ui_textures.HUD.Ammo.ui_hud_ammo_ppsh_ammo';
    iWidget.WeaponUVs.AddItem(wWeaponUV);
  }

}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh snap! Sorry, but you had been offline for several months and I assumed you left permanently.

Hm. I do have RSWeapAttach_Type100_Flamethrower extends RSWeapAttach_M2_Flamethrower.

It's an exact copy of the M2 except ThirdPersonHandsAnim, IKProfileName, SkeletalMesh, AnimSets, and CHR_AnimSet is to Kar 98 values as a placeholder. WeaponClass is set to mine as well.

As for the icon I've extended RSHUDWidgetInventory, RSHUDWidgetKillMessages, RSHUDWidgetLevelUpMessage, and RSHUDWidgetWeapon. But still no dice.

Also, I don't understand why it's using RSAxisPawnIJALevel1LightMortar instead of my custom one. Shouldn't it use the one I extended from it instead of the original? At least that's what I was told.

I apologize for being a bit daft, but there's literally no tutorials for any of this anywhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did try:

RSGlobals.uci
Code:
`define	RSRI_RSRoleInfoAxisFlamethrower		8
RSRoleInfoAxisFlamethrower.uc
Code:
ClassIndex=`RSRI_RSRoleInfoAxisFlamethrower
RSGameInfoTerritoriesFlamer.uc
Code:
AxisIJARoleContentClasses(`RSRI_RSRoleInfoAxisFlamethrower)=(LevelContentClasses=("JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel1Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel2Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel3Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel4Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel5Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel6Flamethrower"))

And everything worked 100% perfectly.

1f09760047.png

But the thing is, once I moved the map out of the SDK and into the actual game, I couldn't spawn.
I think it was because the game was loading RSGameInfoTerritories instead of RSGameInfoTerritoriesFlamer.

I never could figure out how to fix that, so I just hijacked the Light Mortar role instead.
Which brought a whole new host of problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's the problem: I need to modify RSGameInfoTerritories for this to work.

However, I can't seem to do that. If I extend it and save it as RSGameInfoTerritoriesFlamer, then I need to extend ROGameInfo as well so the game knows to load it instead of the original.

I tried saving it as RSGameInfoTerritories and adding ?mutator=JapaneseFlamethrower to the end of the server launch options, didn't do anything.

You guys know how to do this, can you please tell me?

Upvote 0