• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WIP] M3 Halftrack

RO2 scale is. and has always been, 50 Unreal Units = 1 meter.

Doorways have always been scaled up for gameplay reasons, other than tahe, ALL models are in relation to the player characters. Tanks, Guns, buildings, and environmental objects (like trees and grass).

Scale-wise, only the transports are out of wack. I realise they were "free", however some criticism needs to be made that the gift horses don't fit the cart.

I hope this wasn't meant in direction of the vehicle mod guys, especially as those models were correct but not used at all.
Other than unprofessional research I can't see why there's such an obvious mistake at all as gameplay tests have shown that our correctly scaled models did work well enough.
There overall scale of those transports is ridiculous as they seem to not just be overscaled but also wrong in dimensions (no uniform scale).

Good luck with the M3 though!

Upvote 0
Scale-wise, only the transports are out of wack. I realise they were "free", however some criticism needs to be made that the gift horses don't fit the cart.
I thought they made them bigger because people were complaining that the halftrack didn't accommodate enough people, and with the correct passenger numbers the passengers were clipping through eachother?

Upvote 0
I thought they made them bigger because people were complaining that the halftrack didn't accommodate enough people, and with the correct passenger numbers the passengers were clipping through eachother?

The first part, I remember players saying they didn't hold enough people.

The second part however, if that was the case; they could have made the players sit a little tighter as far as animation so the visible clipping was minimal. Packed in in real life I'm sure they'd have been rubbing shoulders. And after all, the players aren't walking about and performing tasks other than hunkering down or peaking over the sides. Given a choice I'd rather have seen that implemented with more realistic size apc's.

Upvote 0
How much work is needed for a new APC?

By examining the Hanomag meshes in the SDK and extracting its code, there's a ton of work. Plus we will need all new player models and animation for the crew down the road.

ATM still fleshing out the suspension and getting the bones and sockets in place for importing. It'll be a simplified model just for a test drive with some base uscript required for handling characteristics. Once that's done, it can be built on to include all the in-game features you'd expect.

Beskar,

I'll be taking you up on finishing the code. I'll only have enough to make it put around so I can tweak the suspension/handling. Only then will start to add detail (LODs). I do want to make damage more hit zone specific, so will be using morph targets (sockets) for various components, like the egine and tracks. Of course there's also the 50 cal :)

Fun, fun fun!

Upvote 0
Got my best guys working on the suspension!

m3-fabrika.jpg

Upvote 0