• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Possibility: Drivable Ha-Go

RandomPerson78642

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
USA
Hello all! Just quickly wanted to say, big fan of RO/RS, and I've wanted to get into the modding scene for a while now.

I don't know if this is common knowledge already, but, you recall the Type 95 Ha-Go that can be seen on Rising Storm maps?

77167702dd.jpg

It turns out, it was intended to be drivable at one point, as inside the game files is a fully rigged version with a modeled interior!

1ef51072a5.jpg
87a31b7f70.jpg

But unfortunately as you can see they did not include the texture for it.

EDIT: We have now managed to get it working in-game!

f2sy1.png

Last edited:
I already looked, unfortunately the Stuart doesn't have it. Maybe they did make an interior for it, but just didn't include it in the distributed game files.

Oh man that's sexy.
I love tank interiors. I wish there was just a big database somewhere cuz it's really hard to find what they look like.
Agreed. It's a shame there is no texture for it. I really don't want to tear it up but unless TWI releases the original texture or some else remakes it, we're going to end up with a Japanese/Soviet/German hybrid tank.

Luckily with the latest update, we have more parts to work with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's what I was saying. It's highly unlikely they'll say yes, but then again the fellows at Tripwire seem pretty decent from what I've heard, so who knows.

But how would one go about doing that?
I know that several UFG developers have accounts on the SD forums, does TWI do that too?

Also, this isn't user-made, it was made by them, and probably scrapped for a reason. But hopefully they'll be willing to release the original texture for community modders/mapmakers, and maybe even the Stuart too if they ever made one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, this isn't user-made, it was made by them, and probably scrapped for a reason. But hopefully they'll be willing to release the original texture for community modders/mapmakers, and maybe even the Stuart too if they ever made one.

It pretty much is user-made in some way, by the Rising Storm Mod Team (former member of the Vehicle Mod Team "Szeder" worked on it).
You can find and extract every file (textures in this case) inside the RO2 SDK (just download in the libary).

Overall you should think about this whole process as it will take a lot of effort to get a good result, best would be to ask Szeder about it, maybe he finds a bit of time for it if he's still around.
Making vehicles for this game isn't impossible but time consuming and making a model is less of a problem than stuff like replication, integration in coding.

Good luck with your project!

I wonder what happened to su 76 stug 3 and the short barrel pz iv.
They were taken out of RO2 when the Vehicle Mod Team decided to leave the RO/RS franchise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like I said, it's only a possibility. There's no way it'll actually happen unless a wizard comes along.

I wish I could simply do everything myself, but I have zero experience with modeling/texturing and even less with programming.

Also, I downloaded the SDK quite a while ago, in fact I think that's where I got this from.
I ran the actual program just to double check, and sure enough it's not in there either.

0a76616f63.jpg
be7d14dbe2.jpg

It pretty much is user-made in some way, by the Rising Storm Mod Team (former member of the Vehicle Mod Team "Szeder" worked on it).
It was? Interesting. Wait, is this a Portal type deal where the whole thing was originally a mod, then the company made it official? And who is this fellow exactly?

Pardon my ignorance, I'm still completely new here.
Maybe I should have lurked for a few months before making this thread...

Upvote 0
Like I said, it's only a possibility. There's no way it'll actually happen unless a wizard comes along.

I wish I could simply do everything myself, but I have zero experience with modeling/texturing and even less with programming.

Also, I downloaded the SDK quite a while ago, in fact I think that's where I got this from.
I ran the actual program just to double check, and sure enough it's not in there either.

0a76616f63.jpg
be7d14dbe2.jpg

It was? Interesting. Wait, is this a Portal type deal where the whole thing was originally a mod, then the company made it official? And who is this fellow exactly?

Pardon my ignorance, I'm still completely new here.
Maybe I should have lurked for a few months before making this thread...

Rising Storm did start as a mod for RO2, then TWI supported it at the beginning and later on they took it official under their development.
The Rising Storm Mod team is now called Anti Matter Games (AMG) and works for TWI on updates for RO/RS.
Szeder is the former Vehicle Artist for RS, he should know more what happened with the RS vehicles (if he's allowed to write more about it than me is questionable as we're under NDA).
With some research you should be able to find him here in the forums.

An advise from my side is first trying to get vehicles in RS and working online.
After that there's still time for finishing the models and textures.

Upvote 0
Well, I looked around, and unfortunately this Szeder fellow seems to be gone for good. (offline since June)

Does anybody here have experience with texturing? Or would it be better to try to search for the original again?

Also, some more things:

e623872a24.jpg

f3c3fb631b.jpg

290019eef3.jpg

This makes me wonder: just how far did they get in development of vehicles for RS?

It seems they did quite a lot just to can the whole concept at the last minute.

Last edited:
Upvote 0