• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

I've been questioned again by 40-1 members and friends about updating German voices.
I still need to wait for a new computer which I do hope to receive in fall this year. I'd love to have voices in by then.

I assume that voice updates would improve appeal of the mod as several ***** about wrong voices.
What is actually going on with the other voice actors doin German lines.

Upvote 0
I'll post it here because I don't know if Lemonater got my message;

I'm chugging along with the renaming conventions but recently I've been swamped with work. It's taking a while but I am getting through it.

There's also the question of all the missing tank renaming lines in the file, don't really know what to do for those

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w64s6iryomzd8gx/Voice naming conventions.rtf?dl=0

Upvote 0
I'll post it here because I don't know if Lemonater got my message;

I'm chugging along with the renaming conventions but recently I've been swamped with work. It's taking a while but I am getting through it.

There's also the question of all the missing tank renaming lines in the file, don't really know what to do for those

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w64s6iryomzd8gx/Voice naming conventions.rtf?dl=0

I didn't get your message but my PM box has been full twice recently so that might be why. On tank names I'll name them. Currently just name them after what the lines are called on the script.

And yeah see how hard it is to do all the renaming. I woulda have to have done it for everyone. For Ravens lines it was even worse becuase they were all in german and he hadn't actually named his lines after what they were called on the script so I had to guess. :p. But if he renames them I can simply copy paste them over the ones already in.

Upvote 0
I didn't get your message but my PM box has been full twice recently so that might be why. On tank names I'll name them. Currently just name them after what the lines are called on the script.

And yeah see how hard it is to do all the renaming. I woulda have to have done it for everyone. For Ravens lines it was even worse becuase they were all in german and he hadn't actually named his lines after what they were called on the script so I had to guess. :p. But if he renames them I can simply copy paste them over the ones already in.

I named them like Call of Duty has done, now the new upload has infantry lines renamed. Tank lines are still on Call of Duty naming as there was no intel given in the naming conventions.

Since they now have all the right names you can basically update the voice pack easily, no?

Upvote 0
I named them like Call of Duty has done, now the new upload has infantry lines renamed. Tank lines are still on Call of Duty naming as there was no intel given in the naming conventions.

Since they now have all the right names you can basically update the voice pack easily, no?

Named them like call of duty? I mean I naturally assumed everyone would name them after what the script called them lol. Which is what everyone else did becuase it makes sense. I don't understand german and naming them something different than what was in the script just made it 10 times harder.

But yeah I can just copy paste the new ones over.

Upvote 0

Yea, I saw you say it was full but I didn't know if the PM Box deletes old mail to make room. That's why I posted it here again.

Yea man it's no joke. It's not the fact that the renaming is difficult it's just incredibly time (and patience) consuming.

I'll make the tank lines something similar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Well it's not just Normandy. All of france, Italy and Germany"

I just read that on ModDB, this makes me worried a bit as the voice taunts I currently recorded feature several references to France alone.

Italy would require different voice taunts, replacing the ones for France.

Last Germany, the final fight would require a new versions for defend, taunt and other recordings to fit the theatre of war.
Is it possible to exchange the voices?

Upvote 0
In theory, italian maps could be included at any time. The catch is someone would have to make the map first, I am not aware of any being made at the moment so I would not worry too much about this.

On that note, I thonk a wonderful implementation for RS2 would be for map specific voice packages. This will help out immensely for modders as well as vanilla game map makers who want more customization.

Last edited:
Upvote 0