• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

I have a question, that hopefully your team has already considered.
Will you be removing soldier dialogue referring to Russians and Japs? It would seriously break immersion leaving them in.

edit : I see you are looking to replace the dialogue. How would this work? Unless the new voiceovers would be from different actors and sound a little odd, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We currently have 3 proper voice actors who just started recording voice overs. All American. We have a 4th American auditioning and a German auditioning currently.

It will take a while for them to get a proper feel for the game but we should have something to show you soon when I get the first batch of recordings back.

Upvote 0
We have completed the preliminary tests for multiplayer online play!
Yestrday we ran it on a homebrew server and it came out quite stable for it.
We also have a west front map now so we think its ready to go online into supporting servers now.

Expect to find a server running beta version of West Front Game Type online within 24 hours. :)

Upvote 0
There are currently a couple of servers running Alpha 3 of our mod.

Servers currently running our mod:
1) BANZAI Server Heros of the West MOD
IP: 106.177.11.62:7782
2) games.on.net #03 -VIC- Heroes of the West ALPHA
IP: 203.34.186.92:7787

I connected to both servers, but both had stock maps and decent number of players. Are they only running mod at random or when Donner pops up?

Upvote 0