• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

When making a map, would you put down RSPlayerStart or ROPlayerStart for spawns? There doesn't appear to be a WFPlayerStart. I'm gonna try and figure it out myself but I'm just asking in case I don't get it.

You can use either of them! RSPlayerstart is just a placeholder for ROplayerstart for naming conventions. both have exact same functionality (at least now)!

Upvote 0
How would you put this on a server. I know have access to 6 RO2 servers. However I'm not familiar with the RO2 ini file. I also admin chivalry servers which is another UE3 game but the layout of the config file is way way different.

Also where exactly do I put the mod files in the server. In ROgame or brewedPC?

Upvote 0
About the models (especially Rangers uniforms), I think that Antimatter Games has those completed already (they used Rangers to make WWII's Greatest Raids).

I think some bribing will be needed to get them from Zets and the rest of the crew :D

Also, the Airborne units used a different version of the M1 Carbine, the M1A1:
M1A1_Carbine_tri_army.jpg

So if there are gonna be airborne units, I think that they should have this version of the Carbine :) When you get to that point, ofc. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nicely done with the signatures. I'm surprised how well the logo I made fits with those images. :)

Lucky for me I made tons of screens from BiA: Hell's Highway couple of months back, when I was re-playing it :D

Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm is the only game very similar to Brothers in Arms in terms of tactics and that's why I love it. Good luck with the Heroes of the West mod and take it slowly :) Priorities first, then the rest of the stuff :)

Upvote 0
Sorry if this question is only being posted in certain areas for reasons, but I thought I'd repost this:

The radio man role
A man with radio on him for use by the commander

So far from what we see we can indeed add a radio man role to the Heros of the west game type but it has been suggested earlier that it can ruin the game experience. So I wanted to hear the community opinion on whether or not it should be added to the game?

The Steam Forum users seem to lack reading comprehension in some circles, so I thought reposting it here would be a good plan.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this question is only being posted in certain areas for reasons, but I thought I'd repost this:

The Steam Forum users seem to lack reading comprehension in some circles, so I thought reposting it here would be a good plan.

Interesting option, but not really necessary for game play. It just adds more for the guys to do and then the project takes longer and longer. A possible end result is that it ends up like the Iron Europe team.

I'd say let them get something out and if they want to add extra features, then they can do it in an update.

Upvote 0
It'd be an interesting idea, especially if you could make the role more fun and rewarding to play. For example, instead of just being able to provide a mobile radio for the TL, perhaps they would also get kill points for arty, like a SL and be able to resupply the TL with smoke grenades.

From what I've read in the forums, you aren't able to add new roles to maps though, I think you're restricted to what's already there, so you might have to change a loadout in an existing class.

Upvote 0
Interesting option, but not really necessary for game play. It just adds more for the guys to do and then the project takes longer and longer. A possible end result is that it ends up like the Iron Europe team.

I'd say let them get something out and if they want to add extra features, then they can do it in an update.

The coder of the project actually doesn't have much to do. So coding projects like this are good things.

Assets are needed badly.

Upvote 0