• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 First person Full Body Awareness

Raven1986

Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2014
Hello folks,

I have returned from the grave after I heard from IOM and I scanned through the forums and I have dug deep into it, looking for all that stuff the community was discussing when RO2 wasn't released yet. Among them was this topic here:

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36941[/URL]

It deals with something I really enjoy in any video game that featured this so far: See your lower torso, your legs and feet as you look down. Currently we are just two hands glued to a weapon of choice. Especially with IOM mod I believe it would be very nice to have "Full Body Awareness" in 1st person as it would bring a lot to the immersion.

There is a lot of times you actually look down:

*Standing on higher floors, looking for the enemy
*Picking things up
*Mantling

Even a game from 2007 namely Crysis featured this and now we have 7 years later. I believe it not too difficult to "activate" the body in 1st person as when we are dying we can see our feet and legs (if they are not blown off), so why not have them when we are still alive?
I never understood why we have them when we are in a vehicle when the majority of the time we are running around as foot-mobiles.

I believe it would be easy for a skilled modder as it surely is just a few lines of code which need to be set from "false" to "true". :)

Thanks for reading and replying!

It totally IS very difficult to have full-body awareness in a game which was not designed from the most fundamental level to have it.

It is most definitely NOT just a matter of switching it on "like happens when you die".

Sorry to p*** on your chips there, but it is is not a boolean.

I know TF2 implemented it for its VR mode. So it's at least in the realm of possibility.

EDIT: After thinking about it's probably very hard to do because of RO2's 3D sight system. TF2 has crosshairs so they could just switch out the first person model for the third person one without messing up the whole aiming system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So we are switched from a 1st person model to the 3rd person model in the moment of a lethal hit?
So there is two different models that are used: One is just arms and hands, the other one is a full-scale body?

Is the body we see when we are in a vehicle actually the 3rd person model?

Obviously the 1st person arms and hands can not be exchanged with the 3rd person model's arms and hands as it would mess up the iron sights and thus the aiming, right?

Is there actually a chance to take the lower torso of the 3rd person model and glue it to the 1st person models arms and hands? So it does not interfere with the aiming and iron sights and yet we have a lower body?

The 3rd person model legs and feet are high poly enough for me, so if this was possible to connect 1st person arms and 3rd person lower torso, legs and feet, it would keep the 3D sights and yet add the body awareness, right?

Upvote 0
Is the body we see when we are in a vehicle actually the 3rd person model?
Yes.
Is there actually a chance to take the lower torso of the 3rd person model and glue it to the 1st person models arms and hands? So it does not interfere with the aiming and iron sights and yet we have a lower body?
The third-person animations wouldn't properly align with the first person view. You would see a lot of clipping issues into your camera.

Upvote 0
Why is that? If you fuse 1st person arms and hands with the 3rd person's lower torso, legs and feet, it would be one 1st person model, no?
I don't think it would work because they are not the same thing. The first person animations and third person animations are like two different 'classes'. So you just can't 'fuse' them together. You would have to make a separate model for the first person. Or something...if it was easy to do it most likely would have been done, so idk.

Upvote 0