• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IOM Sounds as modification?

I think its not due to the way the UE engine is designed to work with mods. To mod just the sounds you have to make a mutator doing just that and you have to find a server running it or you have to host a local server. Its not like in Source engine where you can mod your local files and play online if the servers are not "pure". Unless something changed since the last time I was messing with these things, its like I am telling you.

Upvote 0
I think its not due to the way the UE engine is designed to work with mods. To mod just the sounds you have to make a mutator doing just that and you have to find a server running it or you have to host a local server. Its not like in Source engine where you can mod your local files and play online if the servers are not "pure". Unless something changed since the last time I was messing with these things, its like I am telling you.

You are correct in how the engine is structured for mods/muts.

Upvote 0
so that those sounds can be used in more servers, even on those that don't want gameplay chenges....

Classic mode is more realistic than realism, but it's more played than Classic....so these sounds could be used as standalone too.....

I think it shouldn't be so difficult making a sound only mutator.....

Upvote 0
If you want new sounds play IOM :D

It is hard to understand why people want IOM lite... sounds or new weapon only.... too high for me.

How could people dislike the other great changes? New uniforms, better recoil and sway and weapon handling, dynamic movement, lost of helmets etc.

Ps: a lot of changes could be enable/disable by server admin... if you want to play IOM lite.... you just need a server(admin)

Last edited:
Upvote 0