• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brewing Maps, Mutators, and Mods

Battler

The keeki is marui
May 20, 2013
We have replaced the "cookpackages" commandlet with "brewcontent". Among other improvements, it allows smaller update sizes (after this first one).

Using it to brew is similar to using the old commandlet to cook maps, mutators, and game mods, with a few differences (tl;dr you need to list all script packages (.u) on the command line, and add

Thanks for this!

I'd like to mention I found it necessary to omit the .u extension when using the brewcontent commandlet.

For example:

Code:
.\ROGame.exe brewcontent SoundMutator.u -platform=pc

and

Code:
.\ROGame.exe brewcontent "SoundMutator.u" -platform=pc

are not functional but

Code:
.\ROGame.exe brewcontent SoundMutator -platform=pc

is!

Edit: Tripwire has recently helped me solve a large problem IOM had with custom materials; namely that their compiled shaders weren't being included when the mod was brewed. This was solved by a combination of things.

Brewing with -buildmod:

Code:
.\ROGame.exe brewcontent SoundMutator -platform=pc -buildmod

Adding the following to ROEditor.ini:

Code:
[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
ForceLoadMods=SoundMutator

For some Materials and MaterialInstances I found also it necessary to include hard coded references in code. Otherwise certain Materials are still ignored.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The brewing process is crashing whenever I try and brew any of my maps, the first time it started it scanned through loads of files which took around 5-10 minutes, now whenever I try and brew it crashes within a few seconds on any map file.

The command line I used is .\ROGame.exe brewcontent SD-Bridge

The in-editor cook button also has the same results. Would 3rd party files within the RO2 folder like mods, disrupt the new process?

Edit renamed the rogame in mydocuments and verified, solved the problem

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yesterday I tried brewing a CTF map. The server was able to load the map, and I was able to connect with my client, but as soon as i click on a team, the client crashes. I used this command:

"%SteamDir%\SteamApps\common\red orchestra 2\Binaries\Win64\ROGame.exe" BrewContent -buildmod CGT_CTF-Apartments CustomGameTypes RSCustomGameTypes CGTModAssets -platform=PC

The CTF map is perfectly playable in the SDK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We have replaced the "cookpackages" commandlet with "brewcontent". Among other improvements, it allows smaller update sizes (after this first one).

Using it to brew is similar to using the old commandlet to cook maps, mutators, and game mods, with a few differences (tl;dr you need to list all script packages (.u) on the command line, and add

Upvote 0
If I import custom audio wav's and a mini map .tga file should these appear as separate .upk files in the brewed folder?

Or should these somehow all be included in the .roe file??

To close this question. NO, these assets were saved in their own packages so the Brewing process created two independent packages along with the map file. This is poor practice and you should save all imported content to your map package name so all files then be included in the MapName.roe file.

Upvote 0