• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation 10 points question?

Susi

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2008
Finland
Which Nation...

ukko.jpg

Anyways just playing around, so dont wait this to be done. 8000 tris now, including some gears. Aiming to 10'000 tris on Renderable Mesh

I would assume you can go higher, though an answer from TWI would be nice here. I would assume several people are already trying to get things going.

Considering your gun is supposed to be a first person weapon i would probably lose the strap clip at the stock since there are only few anims where you would really see that.

Upvote 0
Year ago Susi didn't even know what a normal map is, now you're telling him to sculpt in zBrush? Now this is something I have to see :p

Well Xen, year ago i didnt know how to animate or make a map in UE editor.
Now as you can see i made one map and animated few weapons.

So Xen dont underestimate my desire to beat up my head to wall because
of things i dont yet understand. (Ymm

Upvote 0
more like a matter of preference. Sculpting in zBrush you would certainly make the low poly first.

Well, you wouldn't make the game-ready low poly mesh, since you want to keep things in quads for proper subdivision and sculpting purposes.

You can take a basic blocked out form, and then sculpt the details in. Then export that and optimize it to be game ready.

Going high to low is much easier though, at least for me.

Also, Mudbox is another sculpting program you may want to check out, if you don't like zbrush's interface.

Last edited:
Upvote 0