• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics weapon characteristics?

emcdunna

Apr 19, 2015
How do you know the weapon characteristics? Like damage, rate of fire, range, etc.? Is it just an observation by playing or is it written somewhere?

Thanks.

Mainly I want to understand why people can say two bolt action rifles are different and things like that.

For bolts it's mainly preference, the sights are different for example, I believe the damage is different, but slightly, and you can't really change the rate of fire of a bolt action rifle (it gets faster as you level up...) If you're really curious go into the "src" folder, and look for the .uc files for that weapon in particular, and you'll find the code for the weapon's characteristics.

Upvote 0
Worth noting that the Mosin actually has a higher bullet velocity than the K98, which may improve long range shooting (and perhaps damage at such ranges too?) I briefly touched upon this is in a guide I made detailing my thoughts and experiences on the weapons and I definitely felt that the Mosin was easier to use at longer ranges not to mention the fact the mosin also carries more (almost x2) ammo at max level, an often overlooked but potentially significant advantage.

Thanks for providing the statistic table, very useful information.

Upvote 0