• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Scandalous amount of Japanese SMGs

Reinforcement amounts would need to be rebalanced for every map if number of jap automatics is cut in half. They do most of the killing and are pretty damn good at it. I'm not a bad shot with a rifle but I get 3x the amount of kills with type 100 than I do with arisaka in a match, makes sense in CQC as this is a battle for capzones. Holding a trench of doorway with a type 100 is so so much easier with smg than a bolt rifle when enemy with superior firepower* is pouring in. Not to mention attacking one.

*(especially the superior rifleman class)

Meh im sticking with realism anyways, classic is really not for me. It is just lite version of RO2 and it is not RO1 either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The combined total of the Mp28s and Type 100s used is bigger than the total of Type 100s used alone. Reducing the amount of SMG slots slightly as well would mean that the Japanese get another (not so good) weapon choice and it the amount of SMGs go down. Less Type 100s = less whining about Type 100s. Mainly Bolt action rifles vs BARs, M1s, Thompsons etc, that probably wouldn't be balanced. Perhaps split the Assault into Elite and normal (normal only gets MP28) as well as giving SLs just the MP28. Makes the Type 100 pretty rare + most Japanese get a worse SMG but it something that is still useful in CQB.
Yes, yes, I could see that working

Upvote 0