Forum Rules

• Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Red orchestra 2 Flamethrower .

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x3ckid View Post
    even Call of duty had it
    Red orchestra is not Call of duty. Don't make RO a new COD.
    [QUOTE=Duchstein;1277141]Festung Europe will end RO2 lol[/QUOTE] Go in He.l with your game. RO 2 will end Festung Europa.
    "My Way ? ...Stalingrad !"

I remember back before the mod came out there were plans for a flamethrower. And there were also plans for being able to shoot the backpack and explode them. Would be fun.

I don't see any point in not adding it , it will be very fun , also why aren't there any Panzerfausts weren't they used on the Eastern front ?
        Apparently, there never were Panzerfausts in Stalingrad as they weren't in production yet.

The different Panzerfaust models were:
        • Panzerfaust 30 introduced October 1943.
        • Panzerfaust 60 introduced September 1944. This was the most widely used version.
        • Panzerfaust 100 introduced November 1944.
        • Panzerfaust 150 introduced in small numbers in March 1945. It featured a pistol grip and reuseable cartridge tube.
        • Panzerfaust 250 was a reloadable version which was under development when the war ended.

Originally posted by ro2player View Post
          Red orchestra is not Call of duty. Don't make RO a new COD.
          I think you're missing his point somewhat.

Flamethrowers were used extensively by both sides on the Eastern Front, particularly in the kinds of tooth-and-nail urban combat that Stalingrad came to represent. They have a lot more historical relevance than a bunch of things already in the game, and a lot more evidence backing up the fact that they were actually used there.

What he appears to be suggesting is that if a game as unrealistic and historically inaccurate as CoD features one, then RO2 should, too - obviously much better implemented to behave in a manner as close to the real thing as possible.
          Current name ingame - [COLOR=LightBlue][B]killallmkb42s.exe[/B][/COLOR]

I'd almost pay some clever college kid out there to build flamethrower models for use in the game, just so we'd have them

cuz when it comes to a flamethrower, I wanted it YESTERDAY

Cpt. Praxius is already working on the German "egg" grenade, and he once mentioned that he might take a crack at a flamethrower sometime.

The important thing with the flamethrower is that it isn't added to Apartments or Granary. In any other map I can think of off the top of my head (I'm thinking Barracks, Sparta, Fallen Fighters) there's enough open area that you can pick them off. They'll probably be clumsy to carry I guess, and depending on the facts a good shot could take it out and all of his friends (although I'm not sure given the fact that I keep getting told they can't really explode after someone tells me they can). On Apartments however, especially if the fight happens in the buildings just after A/B, it would just be a joke. Granary has the same problem; while it would be fun during A through C, once inside they would just own up the joint, which is a shame given that Granary is exactly the type of scenario flames would be used for in real life.

Of course, when I say they wouldn't work in those maps I'm imagining players spamming flames pretty constantly, though there might be a way to mitigate that using real-world constraints. Maybe in the stairs it would be too close for safety of the operator. Plus there's the risk that the operator would just be some immature buffoon that burn his way through a building indiscriminately and racking up the teamkills.

Also, for the CoD doomsday sayers, there's only one per team. At least I hope that.

Maybe only have it on the maps where there is an engineer? There are only a couple engineers on either side, too. So, that would mean Red October, C's House, and what else.. that's it. Fallen, 3 maps?

I would LOVE to see a map simulating the pioneer attack. You could have all engineers on the german side, with a few slots for officers, etc. everybody with satchels, etc. some flamethrowers,e tc. fighting soviets in entrenched houses, etc.
                Last edited by PeteAtomic; 05-05-2012, 05:19 PM.

Killing floor's flamethrower is quite good so we know its possible. And yes they would have to be rare!

Assign flamethrowers to the engineer class, make them function similarly to the real thing to encourage short busts of fire rather than hosing things down constantly, and make them dangerous to use indoors. Problems solved.

Think of the delicious burning man animations that would go along with flamethrowers.

That is not actually true x3xcid.
                        I suggest your browse and read the forums more before posting such a post.

Im sorry but I didn't saw any new weapons only new game mechanics that will be added in the feature to red orchestra 2 . This game has A lot of potential it will be the world war 2 king of games if it had runned Frostbite 2 engine. K I understand that they read them but why can't they put the ideeas into practice ?
                          Well they are adding 2 tanks, and 2 APCs eventually. Those are kind of weapons. And there will be a new map out on the next big patch.

As far as flame throwers, I recall maybe a year before release Wilsonam mentioning they would like to implement them along with Molotovs if possible. I'm sure if it was easy, they would have done it.

IS-2: Greatest Tank of Clone War II
                          "Soda Popinski" in game

Problem is not everyone agrees with sacrificing quality for quantity, especially since now it would require a roll-back where half the vehicles look good and half look not so good. Also, my understanding is that a lot of the vehicles were community-made, and just because there were more weapons on the front at the time doesn't mean they're worth putting in, especially since a lot of the time they were quite rare. Off the top of my head you have the MG 26 (Czech origin), which would be pointless compared to the MG 34, a couple of outdated submachine guns like the MP 38 (who can tell the difference?), the MP's 18, 28, bla bla... - outdated and only issued to second-line and security troops. Also I hope you realize that 100 tanks and guns is a huge exaggeration.

The only weapons that would make sense to me are:
                            - Luger P08
                            - MG 42
                            - PPS 43 (debatable I believe)
                            - M38, the carbine M1890 (Please)
                            - PPD 40

The reason they didn't give the Germans their own anti-tank rifle is that it was single-shot, and that would put them at a severe disadvantage compared to the PTRS.

Men of War isn't a good example because it's an RTS, you'd have to be pretty cocky to zoom in during a game enough to check out the details on the weapons, and they all behave the same to the rest of the weapons in their "class".

Oh yeah, and Killing Floor's flamethrower will not suffice for me, It's basically just a machine gun that sets enemies on fire. I would much prefer decent flame modelling.

Edit: See next post - Thanks Ross
                            Last edited by Clowndoe; 05-06-2012, 06:35 PM.

I would call the PPS more than just 'debatable'; despite its rarity, I'd rather see the PPD. We know for sure that it was there, because they were everywhere (albeit in very low numbers), and in the hands of both sides. Seeing a couple of PPDs would be a lot less immersion-breaking than the same numbers of PPS-43s.
                              Last edited by ross; 05-06-2012, 05:00 PM.

Originally posted by Clowndoe View Post
                                The reason they didn't give the Germans their own anti-tank rifle is that it was single-shot, and that would put them at a severe disadvantage compared to the PTRS.

I believe the PTRD saw more use than the PTRS due to many reasons. I think it would have made more sense to introduce the PTRD and whatever the German equivalent was that you are referring to, rather than give both teams the same semi-automatic AT rifle.

As for a flame-thrower, I'm sure there are things with a much higher priority at the moment, but even so I think it would be received with the same criticism the MKB has. Sure they were there, but the amount of usage they'd see in RO2 would just be overkill.

Modular Buildings Pack [RO2]