• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
In theory, yes. All of the seasonal/ atmospheric elements on a map can be manipulated with the SDK. Now, whether or not this is a project a custom mapper is willing to take on is another matter :)

There are also a few buggy issues with the SDK that are causing problems with cover nodes and radios and what not that the folks at Tripwire are working to correct.

Upvote 0
In theory, yes. All of the seasonal/ atmospheric elements on a map can be manipulated with the SDK. Now, whether or not this is a project a custom mapper is willing to take on is another matter :)

There are also a few buggy issues with the SDK that are causing problems with cover nodes and radios and what not that the folks at Tripwire are working to correct.

ok but i prefer a map created by Tripwire than a map created by customizer. Every map created by triwpire is historical.

Upvote 0
Custom mappers will be making historical maps as well but given the time consuming nature of producing the basic buildings and structures from scratch it will take a substantial amount of time and effort.

There is a very nice summer/fall Univermag map made by BOH-Rekrut ([url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=75260[/URL]) that will hopefully be available to play after TWI gets bugs in the SDK/redirect figured out.

I'm working on a combined arms map depicting the battle for the village of Zapadnovka that took place in August 1942. I don't have any photos of the village as it looked then but given how small it is, I can't imagine that it has changed very much so I'm going with the way it looks today (thank you, google earth).

p.s.- Spartanovka is kind of a fantasy map as well. the "Town Hall" is actually the Bogomaterinskaya Church in Smolensk.

Upvote 0
Can we have summer conversion of winter map ? And same for summer map : winter conversion of summer map ??

ok but i prefer a map created by Tripwire than a map created by customizer. Every map created by triwpire is historical.

[Σχιζοφρένεια]

You ask for a summer conversion of a wintermap but then later on prefer Tripwire maps over a Custom map cause Tripwire maps are historical.

Where did I lost it ? Wouldn't a conversion of a summer map take a away the historical correctness ? :D:D:D:D

[/Σχιζοφρένεια]

Now I think the Tripwire map Red Oktober factory might be Historical but the layout is different and so is the used Steelfactory equipment.
Its caused by all kind of restrictions.

Here is are some maps of the area. It shows the last German attempt early november 1942 to break the Soviet resistance in the Red Oktober area. Number 4 shows a huge hall. The German named it the Martinsofenhalle named after the meltingofen in that hall. Produced in Germany :cool:. Now Hall number 7 was about 700 meters in lenght can you imagine the lenght of that Martinsofenhalle. It must by over 1000 meter.

red_oktober1.jpg

red_oktober.jpg

What is want to say is. What is a historical map and where are its borders ?

Upvote 0
You ask for a summer conversion of a wintermap but then later on prefer Tripwire maps over a Custom map cause Tripwire maps are historical.

Where did I lost it ? Wouldn't a conversion of a summer map take a away the historical correctness ? :D:D:D:D

I wanted see Tripwire creating maps ;) Tripwire can convert each map in summer/winter conversion, it will be a good thing for RO2.

Now Hall number 7 was about 700 meters in lenght can you imagine the lenght of that Martinsofenhalle. It must by over 1000 meter.

Ok. You mean Tripwire modified space of fews map in RO 2 ?

Upvote 0