• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General complaints

olblindman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 28, 2012
My biggest misgiving in this game is the surround sound...or lack of it. One never can tell where anyone is, or hear anybody's footsteps(other than their own). While this game has dramatically improved graphics -wise over the original RO, it fails to even come close to the original C.O.D. game in sound. That game is what...12 years old now? Many of us have sound systems that allow for 7.1...this game is what....2.0?...even at that..left is not necessarily left, and right is not necessarily right...its just stereo. period. RUBBISH.

Another problem....Bots can be facing a completely different direction yet still shoot you. Some bots seem to be made of Kevlar...taking nearly a full clip of ammo to drop....if you're lucky, and they don't bash you!

And why, for God's sake, when you max out certain weapons, do you get penalized by having to have a scope? While this can be a good thing on some weapons, it is a curse on others. One should have the option for certain add-ons, and not have them forced upon them.

While I am not a great fan of the the newer C.O.D. games, they have conquered many of the simple problems that plaque this game.

Instead of going through all the trouble of making a huge patch to "fix" things that don't bother anyone, why not spend the time fixing the game to be at least competitive with games that were made a decade ago.........?

My biggest misgiving in this game is the surround sound...or lack of it. One never can tell where anyone is, or hear anybody's footsteps(other than their own). While this game has dramatically improved graphics -wise over the original RO, it fails to even come close to the original C.O.D. game in sound. That game is what...12 years old now? Many of us have sound systems that allow for 7.1...this game is what....2.0?...even at that..left is not necessarily left, and right is not necessarily right...its just stereo. period. RUBBISH.

I think the best game I've ever played with great sound was the original Half-Life.... it was awsome in TFC.... but the original CoD, while alright, wasn't the greatest in sound.

As for RO2's sound, it's pretty good in my books... I can tell where people are shooting, how far away, and I even can hear most footsteps nearby, which are not my own.

So I'm not sure how mine differs from your's, but it's good for me.

Another problem....Bots can be facing a completely different direction yet still shoot you.

That's their wonderful snap-shot reflexes and it's not so much that they're looking away from you when they shoot & kill you, it's more that their ping is Zero and most likely due to your own ping, you're killed before your computer registers that they were already looking at you when they shot you.

That's not a defense for the bots.... I too would like to have them have some sort of half-second delay in their shooting abilities to better match a human's reflexes.

Some bots seem to be made of Kevlar...taking nearly a full clip of ammo to drop....if you're lucky, and they don't bash you!

Can't say I've experienced this issue.... I drop them pretty good.

And why, for God's sake, when you max out certain weapons, do you get penalized by having to have a scope? While this can be a good thing on some weapons, it is a curse on others. One should have the option for certain add-ons, and not have them forced upon them.

Last I heard, the weapons will soon be fixed so that you can choose your add ons.... I dunno if that's already being tested in the Beta, as I don't play the Beta due to not liking RO Classic or Action Mode.

While I am not a great fan of the the newer C.O.D. games, they have conquered many of the simple problems that plaque this game.

Different Game Developers, Different Game Engines, Different methods of Development. If the guys working on CoD were working on RO2, I too would be a little miffed, but they're not, and each game developer does things differently, which results in certain games being better in some areas, while lacking in others.

Instead of going through all the trouble of making a huge patch to "fix" things that don't bother anyone, why not spend the time fixing the game to be at least competitive with games that were made a decade ago.........?

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The weapon attachments selection is in the Beta realism mode right now and working. It's in the same menu you use to chose your class and weapons at the start of a round. I just hope it comes out nice and soon. :<

I get mixed results for the footsteps.
As for directional sound, I can pinpoint snipers from across the map with it, but have some issues getting the up / down aspect of the sound.

Upvote 0
i've always been using stereo sound, a while ago i experimented with quadrophonic (crappy 2.1 system + very old and even more crappy 2.0 speakers) and i was pleasantly surprised how well it worked with ro2.
so i bought 5.1 speakers.
i have some issues with the stock game like voice commands abruptly cutting off, some shots making annoying crackling sounds.
i was always able to hear nearby footsteps and could instantly tell from which direction they were coming.
in the beta it seems much better now, no more cut off commands, no more crackling.
twi take their time, but they deliver.
the only complaint i have atm is missing body collision, beyond that i'm very satisfied with the improvements to the game during the last half year.

Upvote 0