• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just curious if TWI plans something in near future

SolitarioSoldat

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
1. Will MG AI gunner be removed, or tweaked in order not to act like aimbot

2. Bunch of many new custom maps made by people that mod, any chance you guys gonna fix the downloading custom maps, or maeby just take the new modders maps in house and release them viat patch on Steam, can we have this happen in near future because the old maps are getting booring somewhat.

3. Well this is not a question, I know 1 map will be released with the upcoming patch and Classic mode, but hoping you guys will bring more new maps in near future,thanks.

1. Being implimented.
<a href="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=78198" target="_blank">[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=78198[/URL]

2. They're working on it.
<a href="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1061264&postcount=5" target="_blank">[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1061264&postcount=5[/URL]
<a href="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1061450&postcount=21" target="_blank">[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1061450&postcount=21[/URL]

3.They have two planned for after Mamayev so far, subject to change or deletion (No source, they stated it in the beta a little bit ago)
thanks for the links buddy :)

Upvote 0
id rather they give us APC's so the community can start making larger maps, and we wont have to wait for TWI

Of course that's what we all want, however the new tanks aren't drastically different in how they function compared to the already existing tanks.
APC's on the other hand are very different in functionality, which is something that will take time to make.

I'd rather have them prepare the work on APC's by first allowing people to hop in and out of tanks with a proper animation. That should probably also allow for quicker transfer of code to the APC's.

Upvote 0
Steamwork Shop is apperantly a viable option for TWI and I hope they can implement it or something of the sort in the near future.

Unless they said they were discussing it and I missed it, I highly doubt it. Right now afaik only skyrim and tf2 uses the workshop, it makes zero fiscal sense for valve to host ro2 mods with our playerbase where it is. Would be awesome, but I doubt it.

Mount and Blade has a much larger modding community, a MUCH larger playerbase, and still can't get on the workshop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course that's what we all want, however the new tanks aren't drastically different in how they function compared to the already existing tanks.
APC's on the other hand are very different in functionality, which is something that will take time to make.

I'd rather have them prepare the work on APC's by first allowing people to hop in and out of tanks with a proper animation. That should probably also allow for quicker transfer of code to the APC's.

thats like another 12+ months; this is ridiculous.

Honestly, these fully detailed interiors of vehicles is the stupidest design decision ive ever seen. It takes TWI so much time and money to add vehicles and it makes it so that modders cant really add their own. what were they thinking?

the level of detail currently in game should have been reserved for a tank sim not for an fps whose tanking gameplay is lackluster to begin with. Really did nobody at TWI foresee this? Nobody said, "Guys i think this a waste of time..."?

Upvote 0
3.They have two planned for after Mamayev so far, subject to change or deletion (No source, they stated it in the beta a little bit ago)[/QUOTE]

Yoshiro has stated that there will be 2 more maps coming-- with the caveat, if everything with the maps they have are working on now are ironed out. Yoshiro also made the reference that they have more than 2 maps in development, however, they need to finish at least two.

So, hopefully more in the future.

Upvote 0
thats like another 12+ months; this is ridiculous.

Honestly, these fully detailed interiors of vehicles is the stupidest design decision ive ever seen. It takes TWI so much time and money to add vehicles and it makes it so that modders cant really add their own. what were they thinking?

the level of detail currently in game should have been reserved for a tank sim not for an fps whose tanking gameplay is lackluster to begin with. Really did nobody at TWI foresee this? Nobody said, "Guys i think this a waste of time..."?

Another 12+ months, where did you pull that number from? We have no idea how far the progress on anything like that is, or how long it will take for it to be finished.

I personally think that RO2 went for a new standard in immersiveness, and fully realised tank interiors really do help with that. The game isn't meant to have huge number of tanks, it's a first person shooter that has tanks to support gameplay, not dictate it.

We know for certain that we will get atleast 4 different tanks. And presumably they will listen to the community and add stuff like APC's later on.

And I wouldn't be surprised that even if they left out the interiors, the tank would still feature a lot more complexity than the old RO1 tanks.

Upvote 0
Another 12+ months, where did you pull that number from? We have no idea how far the progress on anything like that is, or how long it will take for it to be finished.

I personally think that RO2 went for a new standard in immersiveness, and fully realized tank interiors really do help with that. The game isn't meant to have huge number of tanks, it's a first person shooter that has tanks to support gameplay, not dictate it.

We know for certain that we will get atleast 4 different tanks. And presumably they will listen to the community and add stuff like APC's later on.

And I wouldn't be surprised that even if they left out the interiors, the tank would still feature a lot more complexity than the old RO1 tanks.

12+ months was an educated guess. I doubt we'll get those 2 meaningless tanks by the end of summer, let alone APCs with new mechanics. I'm anticipating that we're going to get APC's maybe this time next year if we're lucky. I mean, hell we dont even have Stug III's which were one of the most common tanks; will we ever get that?

Fully realized interiors. Honestly who gives a s*** when tanking as a whole broken? Besides the novelty of it all dies out after a few hours. Granted i've only tanked for maybe 1-2 hours total on Gumrak, but considering how everyone pretty much dies in 1 hit, i have yet to actually see any those fancy changing position animations. These interiors appear to take up a lot of time; time which could be used more efficiently getting out more vehicles, maps, weapons, etc. Because we dont have APC's, most large map projects are stalled until TWI decides to ante up the transports. I enjoy mapping but i dont even bother right now because its literally a chore to walk across my OWN map.

it was a very unique and ambitious attempt, but some things are not practical; im surprised no one at TWI raised concerns

Last edited:
Upvote 0