• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Classic to replace all other modes

Classic to replace all other modes

• Total voters
Agreed.

I find it funny that Classic mode has been sticking religiously to RO1, except on this one point which actually makes it worse.

I suspect it was an oversight that I assume would be fairly easy to correct. All they have to do is give players an option in the controls for IS zoom to be manual or automatic, and if manual, bound to whatever key they choose, so that --only when IS are up-- they can choose to zoom in or not. The only problem --and I don't know if I can think of a situation where this is a real problem-- with defaulting that key to Shift would be that IS zoom would then be always connected with breath control, which for auto IS zoom it isn't.

Upvote 0
this is a terrible idea because classic mode is awful. This game is balanced for realism.
This absolutely - and classic removes a few features that are actually decent while doing absolutely nothing to bring back the RO feeling that people are missing in the first place.

I would rather see classic done away with and realism heavily reworked than realism removed for a completely lacklustre, cobbled-together gametype that at the end of the day is no more realistic or historically accurate than 'realism' is, and plays even worse because every single map is designed with realism in mind.

Upvote 0