• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What new weapons would you like to see in RO2?

Credit to those that suggested some fixed guns. That worked so well on DH maps and gave tankers in combined maps something to think about. Anyone recall fixed guns in RO1 ?

+1 here. Fixed guns would be great for a variety of reasons, not the least of which would be to serve as capable objectives. They could be set-up just like the current HMG's and spawn at random locations at the beginning of each map.

Upvote 0
Hey Praxius, i have a reference book of WWII weaponry, nothing hardcore, but a good overview with side profiles of pretty much everything. If it helps, pm me and ill send you some scans or something.

Hey that would really help... I suppose I could also go into one of those old places..... those things that hold a lot of paper..... you know..... a..... "Library" I think they're called.

It's been so long.

But yeah if we figure out which weapon I'll start working on, some scans from your book at no less than 300dpi resolution could help a lot.

Panzerfaust gets my vote.

I wouldn't be too concerned about only setting up non-Stalingrad battle weapons fearing that they will rarely be used by mappers.

Look at RO1 and the amount of community maps that became the staple of most popular servers. Do you think mappers are going to stick to Stalingrad?

A look at the custom map on offer so far suggests they will just make great playing maps from all over the East.

I think if you just keep it real in so far as making weapons that look and act authentic then leave the mapper to decide if they want to create a period piece or a great playing map. Not that both cant co-exist.

Credit to those that suggested some fixed guns. That worked so well on DH maps and gave tankers in combined maps something to think about. Anyone recall fixed guns in RO1 ?

Well you have some good points, but even if I do create a weapon that doesn't quite fit the Stalingrad Timeline and people like it.... I still have to wait for more maps to come out of the wood works that will use the weapon in question, where if I currently stick to Stalingrad era weapons, they should be easily integrated into the existing maps, as well as any custom community maps.

Later on when I see more community maps coming out and that are being played a lot due to popularity, it will make sense to start working on weapons for those timelines.

Someone already said FG-42. I agree with him.

Could be a good hero weapon... it has higher RoF than MKb42, used the same cartridge as K98k (so it's stronger than MKb42), but has less ammo than MKb42 per clip.

Actually, FG-42 with the 10-round magazine is a gun that gets balanced with AVT-40. High RoF, very damaging and wild recoil. And the fact that FG-42 had a bipod will give the assault class something different - it's a assault rifle, but one that you need to deploy to use effectively. So it's not a gun 'n' run armament.

Of course, the Fallschirmj

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Come on guys, no VIS pistol for the Germans?
Also called the P35(P) in the German army. Never been featured in a video game before, despite being called one of the most robust pistols every created. Externally similar to a Browning Hi-Power, internally a totally different beast.

Attachments

• 300px-Vis_wz_35_1775.jpg
    300px-Vis_wz_35_1775.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
And this wiki isn't very clear on dates.... It was designed in 1941-42, it was produced from 1943-45, yet in service from 1942-45.

Odd....

It's because there are 2 versions. The first version (mid-1942) was used by Luftwaffe, but in small numbers (2.000 units). After it was redesigned and the second version that was only deployed in 1944 (but only 5.000 units were produced).

They used it while it was experimental, still a prototype.

http://world.guns.ru/rifle/autoloading-rifles/de/fg-42-e.html

Upvote 0
Come on guys, no VIS pistol for the Germans?
Also called the P35(P) in the German army. Never been featured in a video game before, despite being called one of the most robust pistols every created. Externally similar to a Browning Hi-Power, internally a totally different beast.

I was hoping to do a handgun.... so that's certainly an option..... geez, now I got three german weapons to choose from.

Still hunting for some good resources.... might just have to do it the old fashion way and reference photos and model by eye.

Like I said, not impossible, but not for certain accurate.

Funny thing is, back in the RO Mod days when I was going to do a modern Canadian Forces FPS Mod, I started on a Browning Hi-Powered and still have the model in my files. as well as the resources to keep working on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Siegertyp
Upvote 0
Still hunting for some good resources.... might just have to do it the old fashion way and reference photos and model by eye.

When you have decided what weapon you want to model, I can ask a friend of mine who is a historian. He should have access to a larger library of military books, perhaps he can provide some more references / blueprints.

Upvote 0
Stalingrad Weapons i would like to see:
RGD-33
PPD-40
DT
PTRD
Perhaps rifle grenades

I want more variation in uniforms and equipment really. Thats what would make the game seem more emmersive. More Telogreiki and vatnii, less clean shinels with glow in the dark guards badges (Guards badges did not become common place until AFTER Stalingrad). The prikaz was during/before the battle (i can't remember) but in reality you don't really see full Guards units wearing them until Kursk.

If TWI want any help with Red Army equipment/uniforms let me know, i've got more than enough stuff i can photograph for you.

Upvote 0
I was hoping to do a handgun.... so that's certainly an option..... geez, now I got three german weapons to choose from.

Like I said, not impossible, but not for certain accurate.

Funny thing is, back in the RO Mod days when I was going to do a modern Canadian Forces FPS Mod, I started on a Browning Hi-Powered and still have the model in my files. as well as the resources to keep working on it.

I'd really recommend it, just because it would be a unique implementation.

I'm curious though if you would plan on making these as skins or for an individual mod, or if these would be recommendations to Tripwire (Though they will probably have to decide on whether they keep the theme in Stalingrad or not). It would probably be best to comprise a list and get people's general thoughts on the weapons.

Anyways, it's great to hear someone willing to tackle the SDK. Perhaps post some tutorials if you really figure it out or the newbies like myself out there:)

Upvote 0
I'd like to see new weapons that truly offer something different to the table.

A rifle will always be a rifle
A bolt will be a bolt
A semi a semi
A smg an smg
An assault rifle an assault rifle

I want new types of weaponry (although just for popularities sake I want the luger and the mg42)

I want more fundamentally different things to play around with. Like for instance moletovs.

Upvote 0
I would personally like to see tellermines. The tellermine 35 and/or 42. I think gameplay would really benefit.

It would give the engineer class and/or the anti tank class something to do besides blowing up boring doors or hedgehogs.

Give the engineers tellermines that they can block streets and routes with and stop the enemy tanks from spawn raping.

I think some AP mines would also be cool. Like S mines (aka bouncing bettys) and schu mines.

http://www.efour4ever.com/mines_german.htm

mines_german_2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to see new weapons that truly offer something different to the table.

A rifle will always be a rifle
A bolt will be a bolt
A semi a semi
A smg an smg
An assault rifle an assault rifle

I want new types of weaponry (although just for popularities sake I want the luger and the mg42)

I want more fundamentally different things to play around with. Like for instance moletovs.

I strongly second this.. I've been advocating for molotovs, like many others, all the way back to the beginning of RO1. There were engine limitations then, but no excuse now. Would be a great addition!

Upvote 0