• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What new weapons would you like to see in RO2?

I think something that would really change some maps would be a flame thrower. Maybe only as a high level engineer weapon. Would be handy on some maps, especially Red October Factory.

I know the Germans also used grenade bundles against tanks and pill boxes. That would be an easy addition.

Rifle grenades would also be handy.

Upvote 0
1141209216455wj0.jpg

:rolleyes:

But seriously, maybe one of these.

Upvote 0
M38 carbine
PPD-40 replacing AVT as 'super rare' Soviet weapon
DT-28
Early MG42
Luger
Maybe some other German-used pistols, like the PPK, VIS and Hi-Power. I don't see much need, though.

Molotovs and flamethrowers would be great, but only if the implementation was good (and they didn't end up bringing people's PCs to their knees).

I'm not a big fan of adding anything 'super rare' after seeing how the supposedly rare weapons went on release. The PPD could qualify, but unlike any of the 'rare' weapons seen ingame I actually do come across photos of those in use by both sides on at least a semi-regular basis (versus never for the MKb, AVT or MP 40-II...) so I think it'd be fine as a hero unlock for both sides or something. Really there is not a problem with lack of weapons right now; RO1 didn't have things like the Federov or SVT-38 or AVS-36, and it was just fine. Throwing more weapons at the game isn't going to make it any better, especially functionally identical weapons (basically all the pistols, the SVT-38 since durability issues aren't modelled in the game). You could bring this argument against the M38 to some extent, but making it handle a little nicer would kind of cancel that out (as would restricting it to non-rifleman classes who need a smaller rifle, say, engineers).

Upvote 0
Indeed, it was part of a survival kit given to medium bomber crews.

It's not one of the weapons I'd like to see ingame, but I thought it deserved to be shown after having been mentioned earlier.

Is that a shotgun? Seems like an odd weapon to give to an airplane crew. Were they expected to hunt for food with it, or something?

Upvote 0