• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What new weapons would you like to see in RO2?

I strongly second this.. I've been advocating for molotovs, like many others, all the way back to the beginning of RO1. There were engine limitations then, but no excuse now. Would be a great addition!

Molotovs crossed my mind as well.... perhaps the easiest thing to start off with right now is to model a Molotov and a Model 39 grenade so each team has something new.

Upvote 0
Since the DP-28 gets no unlocks and is hardly used by ranked players.
This http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/machine/mg03/dshk_001.jpg
DShK 38 it was used in large numbers by the red Army firing the 12.7 mm it could even take out light tanks and APC's.While it would be powerful being able to shoot through most walls it wouldn't be too OP due to it being slow to deploy.It may never see the light of day in RO but its a viable option for realistic weapons on the eastern front.

Historical fact

The German army never deployed a heavy mg with its infantry.The mg34/42 was used for all roles depending on how it was mounted.In a tank turret or a heavy mounted bi pod it was considered a heavy mg.

Germans did have large caliber mg type systems(like the flak -36) but they was mainly used in AA regiments.They was not a mainstay of any German front line infantry unit.The scene in Saving Private Ryan was not a common deployment of the flak -36.

It was common for the Russians to use heavy mgs and in urban fighting like Stalingrad was very effective and was greatly feared by the Germans.In game its massive firepower would be offset by it being SLOW to deploy or even a 2 man operation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OH OH OH!!

I just remembered!!

If you can animate. Maybe you can edit the Hafthohlladung animations and actually make them realistic and not throwable.

I can animate.... but that's more rusty than my modeling experience. The last time I animated anything in detail (using bones, etc.) was back around 2001-2002 while I was still in College.

But I have all the resources I need to refresh my memory.

Not too sure if what I setup in Maya will work properly in the Unreal Engine.... or if I have to do it all in the Engine..... I can do modeling, textures and moderate animation, but have yet to get to the point where I bring it all into a game engine..... so chances are I may need some help with that if I get stuck.

Upvote 0
@ Praxius
Just out of curiosity, how are you going to make Molotov's work? They are going to need an entirely different "flame animation" than regular grenades, spreading on the ground/tanks, catching people on fire if thrown at infantry, etc. To get this right it seems like a HUGE amount of work to get in game. Just a heads up in case this hadn't crossed your mind.

Upvote 0
@ Praxius
Just out of curiosity, how are you going to make Molotov's work? They are going to need an entirely different "flame animation" than regular grenades, spreading on the ground/tanks, catching people on fire if thrown at infantry, etc. To get this right it seems like a HUGE amount of work to get in game. Just a heads up in case this hadn't crossed your mind.

Yeah it crossed my mind last night when I decided on the two weapons to model...... Right now I'm going to take it step by step and just focus on the models first, then texture, then when that stuff is done, work on animations.... once all that's done, I'll work on the inner workings of the RO2 SDK and how things are going to pan out.

Upvote 0
FG-42 in stalingrad, pls not. This weapon was developed in 43 when the battle of stalingrad was over.

I think it's already been assumed that the whole timeline based on Stalingrad is just going to be ignored. It provides too many limitations; if the modding community never went outside a theme or specific timezone, then mods and maps in general would be few in all games. Kind of like in Wolfenstein ET where people made Toy Story mods and maps, or CS:S with Surf maps.

I think I'll compile a list for further discussion and post the more questionable ideas...

SubMachine Guns (MachinePistols)

PPD-40
PPs-43
Light/General Purpose Machine Guns
MG-42
Battle Rifles
FG-42
Fedorov Avtomat
AVS
Pistols
Walther PPK
Polish VIS Pistol