• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The rifles and balancing?

Yeah, I think so too.

Everything looks pretty good except the m1 carbine can't have more recoil than the arisaka, and also not that much less than the m1 garand since the gas operating system and wieght of the rifle combine to make its recoil minimum for a 30/06 round.

Although I can't say for sure since I have never shot an Arisaka before, but by guess would be it would be somewhere between the m1 carbine and the m1 garand.

M1 carbine can be slightly weaker than the MkB, around SMG damage... that should balance it.

Also, RIFLE GRENADES would make it rather interesting. Unlike on the eastern front, I think both sides fielded rifle grenades in quantity.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I think so too.

Everything looks pretty good except the m1 carbine can't have more recoil than the arisaka, and also not that much less than the m1 garand since the gas operating system and wieght of the rifle combine to make its recoil minimum for a 30/06 round.

Although I can't say for sure since I have never shot an Arisaka before, but by guess would be it would be somewhere between the m1 carbine and the m1 garand.

The Arisaka (at least the type 99) fires a similar round to the Mosin Nagant, so it has a pretty substantial kick. Yes, gas operated rifles tend to deal with recoil better as well, since the energy produced from the reaction is used to chamber the next round, rather than going straight into your shoulder.

Upvote 0
did you seriously just diss the grease gun? that gun is epically good on most DH maps, .45 power with the controllability of a MP40...

the tunnel vision from that damned peep-sight lets the greaser knock the m1 "why doesn't this kill anything" carbine off its perch as worst weapon in the allied arsenal for me unfortunately. If only I could take a hacksaw to that thing and take the top half off :(

for some strange reason, I don't have this problem with the thompson, maybe it's just the amount of spam I can put out with that thing makes up for not being able to see anything :p

Upvote 0
Right, let's lay it out here:
- Type 99 > BAR (should be, like how the Bren essentially was better than the BAR)
Lets not think that the Bren and Type 99 hadels the same just because it has the magazine on the top ;)

I do not want to see unrealistic equipment and weapons just because the nations should be balanced.
Day of Defeat Source did that and the weapons really loose thier character.

Upvote 0