• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Japanese snipers + trees?

In Pacific Assault you could climb some trees just becuase of the way they were designed. Maybe it could just be like a wall where you climb up on different branches to lay in wait.

The tactic worked great on multiplayer.

Climeable trees coule just be in the middle of the jungle so as not to let players see much.

Also could be used as a tool to give japanese a bonus.

Upvote 0
Well i hope we will not see only USA in attack and IJA or IJN troops defending. When i read you it's like you forgot that Japanese soldiers have feet and can advance forward...

I more interested in the early mid- (before late 42 early 43) war scenarios, myself. When the Japanese army was (still) in attack on many fronts.

Whoa, way to judgemental, I was just saying it would be cool because the IJA made a lot of use of snipers.

I also hope that it won't always be Americans attacking myself.

Upvote 0
This idea is very good and I agree.. Japanese defensive lines around certain CAPs could use this.

Something that would great was if the Japanese had foxholes covered with leafs, grass and such. These foxholes could be spread close to trails and fully marked on the map for the Japanese team. Then it would be possible to enter/exit them, and use the animation for open/close hatch to peek out and peek in from it.

Upvote 0