• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SCandChives

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2011
New Zealand
Just looking for some clarification from the devs mainly but anyone else is free to add their two cents.

Will we be seeing the MG42 in RO2?

I hope so and don't really see a reason for it not to be included, they were certainly more bountiful than the Mkb42;).

So if anyone knows the answer please tell us:eek: Yes, no, maybe?

Reactions: Nylle
It seems like there is no mg42 in game. At least, no any mention of mg42 from devs, in contrast to other weapons.

More over, if mg42 was included in game, then i think, placing it instead of mg34 on tripod could be more logically, in terms of game. Imho. :)

that might be the point, part of the balance to not have people running around with that huge belt spamming at everything, then realised it's just going to be on one platform that the mg34 does fine on anyway :p

Upvote 0
Remove it because the balance? No that couldn't be, HoS isn't like CoD where everybody could choose every weapon for a better balance.

And by the way, the sovjets using the PPsh41 (71 rounds) vs MPi 40 (32 rounds)

Would be nice if all weapons are realistic as possible. The balance comes trough teamwork.

But i hope that we can see the MG42 in HoS, too.

And later an Add On with late war weapons and tanks like the StG44, Panther and T34/85 for a battlefield after Stalingrad.
The Battle of Stalingrad, is the base, but you are able to play the whole WW2 with this one game. All you need are more Weapons, Vehicles and some (custom) maps, the engine would be perfect :D

Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
I think many people view the Stalingrad timeline in far too severe terms. As if anything pre or especially post Stalingrad shall never see the light of day. I personally think that Stalingrad will really form more the solid basis for expansion.

I'm 100% certain about this really. Much content will be released outside the time scale of Stalingrad. It may well come from the devs, or it may well only come from fans. But it's certain to be there. And an MG-42 is about as sure a bet as there is.

Upvote 0
I think many people view the Stalingrad timeline in far too severe terms. As if anything pre or especially post Stalingrad shall never see the light of day. I personally think that Stalingrad will really form more the solid basis for expansion.

I'm 100% certain about this really. Much content will be released outside the time scale of Stalingrad. It may well come from the devs, or it may well only come from fans. But it's certain to be there. And an MG-42 is about as sure a bet as there is.

Yep, that's for sure. But would be optimal if the MG42 is in from the start seeing as the timeline for the game as I understand it will be from 41 to 43. (It isn't a deal breaker if it isn't though, just abit odd) Later on as expansions to the game come out, the timeline will be stretched and we'll see more and more hardware added.

Personally I'm hoping that the game will be such a huge success that Tripwire will be able to hire extra staff and new content will take less time to make.

Upvote 0
The MG 42 gone to the troops after its development in 1942. That means that the equippement of it has taken more time, especially the delivery to stalingrad takes a long time. And the battle of stalingrad began at september 1942. Hard to imagine if there were MG 42 at stalingrad. Is someone familiar with the historical context?

If there were MG 42 then it is a disgrace for tripwire not to set the MG 42 in the game, if there weren

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
Remove it because the balance? No that couldn't be, HoS isn't like CoD where everybody could choose every weapon for a better balance.

Would be nice if all weapons are realistic as possible. The balance comes trough teamwork.

And later an Add On with late war weapons and tanks like the StG44, Panther and T34/85 for a battlefield after Stalingrad.
The Battle of Stalingrad, is the base, but you are able to play the whole WW2 with this one game. All you need are more Weapons, Vehicles and some (custom) maps, the engine would be perfect :D

The 71 round mag for the PPsh will be an upgrade, you won't start with it.

Upvote 0
The 71 round mag for the PPsh will be an upgrade, you won't start with it.

I don't think I'd ever be using the drum mag myself tbh... In RO:Ost, I always picked the PPS-43 whenever I could due to the 30-odd round magazines. Better way of conserving ammo, you see. I get encouraged to go nuts when I have a 71-round drum mag and I'm facing only one partially-covered guy...

Upvote 0
If the game spans until 1943 then it pretty much has to be there. Removing it for balancing issues is very unlike Tripwire, who usually try to achieve balance by other means, such as map placements & reinforcement numbers.

No, simply the point is that "realism" and "balance" cannot exist in the same game, since the reality was, is and will ever be "unbalanced". Stop.

Reactions: Major Liability
Upvote 0